18-4A Standings Thread

Sandman

Originally posted by 12fan18

or do something like what we saw Schoolcraft College from Michigan do at the NJCAA National finals a couple of years back, one player puts on this goulish mask and with his pole or stick does a primitive dance in the middle of the soccer field, jabs the thing in the ground and the other players dance around the stick and mascot(?)...with the other team waiting to start the game...and then they yelled something in alien language. It was quite fun to watch and laugh ...

Was anyone else around 2-4 years ago when the Tomato Bowl was not a fun place to come play soccer. That place used to be HOSTILE. Fans were the deciding factor in several games. From parody halftime shows to chants and signs the magic was there. It had the Indians excited to play for their crowd and made the opponents fear the megaphone toting squad in the stands. The magic is gone for now but hopefully some one will bring it back....

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nac program has gotten weaker over the last coupple of years but with a good coach like they have they are steadely rising back up!!!! And i think the main thing with J'ville is dicipline and dicipline can only come from the head coach!!!!

Originally posted by ThaDeisel

The Nac program has gotten weaker over the last coupple of years but with a good coach like they have they are steadely rising back up!!!! And i think the main thing with J'ville is dicipline and dicipline can only come from the head coach!!!!

2 years ago they were #2 in the state behind Friendswood with an undefeated regular season record. Don't know how that's weaker, well maybe weaker than the year before when they played PT in the regional finals. Yes last year was tough with a handful of seniors and a bunch of underclassmen, but #2 in the district isn't too bad. Don't know what you mean by weaker teams diesel, they have done well every year since I can remember.

Originally posted by lawdog18

Nac does have a good program but you have to look at the numbers Nac choses from. How many students? They have a great coach as well.

I have to agree with Lawdog on this one. Nac has close to 1900 kids and we have 920 at Palestine. That would be like having two identical teams of the one I have now and then pick the top 11 players to start. That would be nice.

Team W-L-T Pts

Nacogdoches 8-0-2 18

Palestine 8-0-2 18

Jacksonville 7-3-0 14

Henderson 5-4-0 10

Center 5-5-0 10

Livingston 3-6-0 6

Jasper 0-9-1 1

Lufkin Hudson 0-9-1 1

Friday's Games

Palestine 7, Jasper 0

Jacksonville 7, Lufkin Hudson 2

Nacogdoches 6, Livingston 0

Center 1, Henderson 0

Originally posted by AMERICAN 1

Center 1 Henderon 0

Center only had 2 shots on goal all night and scored on the 2nd. one with ten minutes left. Henderson had 10 to 12 shots but couldn't connect.

What happened to the Livingston and Henderson game?

Soccerbuff;

The officials didn't accept the invitation to referee the game, so it was "cancelled due to lack of interest"

It might be played at the end of the season if it's needed for determining playoff standings.

Coach Propes was a bit hot at driving 244 miles on a Tuesday night just to eat burgers. The officials were given the wrong date by Livingston, so they did not show. The only official who could be located in the Livingston area at game time chose not to come. The match was set to be made up on the Monday before district certification in Henderson if it has playoff implications.

i don't think it was a poor decision on both coaches. henderson's propes definitely wouldn't want to drive 2 hours again.

livingston probably doesn't want to play because they're probably not going to win it.

but for henderson it's a big thing and coach propes is in now way wrong to want livingston to have to forfeit

If I had to drive that far, I would at least ask for a scrimmage. Being a JVB coach, there have been a few games this season where coaching staff called the games, that's when it gets interesting. With the playoff implication for 3rd place with J'ville I would have to think that a forfeit be awarded to Livingston and max points should be giving to Henderson, and without a shootout to break ties in this district a "no game" could be detrimental to the playoff picture.

But that is just a humble coach's opinion.