Livingston 3-5-0 6

Jasper 0-8-1 1

Lufkin Hudson 0-8-1 1

Friday's Games

Palestine 9, Lufkin Hudson 1

Nacogdoches 2, Jacksonville 1

Henderson/Livingston

Center 3, Jasper 1

It was a good game...back an forth...one team controlling for a while then the other steppingg it up. Jacksonville does commit a lot of fouls near the 18 yd box and puts themselves in a postion to get in trouble. Jacksonville led for a while and then if I am not mistaken, gave up a free kick to the outside of the 18 box on the right side and Nac score when the goalie punched it and it hit a Jville defender and went right to another player charging the box. Nac scored late in the game on a corder kick...not sure if it deflected or not, but it appears there might have been a problem on front post defensive responsibility.

Both teams fought hard and wanted to win, but Jacksonville just couldn't dig deep and do their thing when it really counted...Hopefully we will see this change sometime between now and playoffs. From my understand Lawdog is really cracking down on the discipline in J'ville, so expect to see a new Tribe in the weeks to come...

Basically, Eagle is right. Lawdog has dropped the judicial hammer on the soccer team, which was evident immediatley by innocent onlookers on their way to lunch today during school. With this new found "military" mode that the Indians look to have encompassed or will be encompassing, the Jacksonville Indians will not only turn face into the Jacksonville Warpathtodestructioncan'tstopusnowIndians, but a surprise lashing of all play-off competitors by the morphed Indians is inevitable.

I could not tell if you were talking about the JV or V game. Nacs JV won 3-0 in a game that jville was lucky they didnt get embarrassed. Nac could have scored 6 or 7 they hit the post 4 times and had 3 one on ones. We were told and warned that the "A" Team was coming. We played good and determined. I think jville had two shots on the goal.

or do something like what we saw Schoolcraft College from Michigan do at the NJCAA National finals a couple of years back, one player puts on this goulish mask and with his pole or stick does a primitive dance in the middle of the soccer field, jabs the thing in the ground and the other players dance around the stick and mascot(?)...with the other team waiting to start the game...and then they yelled something in alien language. It was quite fun to watch and laugh ...

Originally posted by soccerdude4life

I could not tell if you were talking about the JV or V game. Nacs JV won 3-0 in a game that jville was lucky they didnt get embarrassed. Nac could have scored 6 or 7 they hit the post 4 times and had 3 one on ones. We were told and warned that the "A" Team was coming. We played good and determined. I think jville had two shots on the goal.

Hit the post 4 times? lawdog can correct me if I am wrong but I think this is an overstatement. I will tell you that you are lucky that our coach and players were distracted by other things happening off the field (I know they were aware that something was going down) or Nac might have lost that one. Nac scored on 2 mistakes by the Indians that are spelled out in an earlier post.

As a response to the post on the JV game, I can tell you that the Nac JV is extremely well coached and the talent is not lacking either. J'ville's JV can be deadly when focused like the Nac JV seems to always be. I say WHEN not IF the Indian JV can learn to use good mental preparation they will be extremely tough to beat at the next level.

In closing I think its safe to say that both those JV teams could potentially play for 4th and 5th place in the Varsity district right this moment. Both PROGRAMS are to thank for this situation. Kudos to the Nac staff an players they might just have earned themselves a double district title.