18-4A Standings Thread

Sandman

Originally posted by Alliance25

Palestine 1-1 Henderson

Palestine scored an own goal somewhat early in the game and Palestine got their wake up call and started putting pressure on the goal and eventually scored with 2:48 left in the game. It was a pretty good game and I must say that Henderson has improved.

The only thing different with Henderson was the presence of #18 up top. We had alot more chances on goal this match put couldn't finish.....their keeper did a great job. Their goal was an own goal and our keeper had to make one save. When a team puts 8 kids (good stratagy) in the box it is hard to score and we got lucky in the end to just tie the match. Coach Propes had his kids fired up and ready to play. Palestine kids did a great job of never giving up and overall was a great match.

Sorry, I don't have any excuses for why we tied.....Henderson just played well!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team W-L-T Pts

Nacogdoches 10-0-2 22

Palestine 9-0-3 21

Jacksonville 9-3-0 18

Henderson 6-5-1 13

Center 5-7-0 10

Livingston 3-7-0 6

Jasper 0-10-1 1

Lufkin Hudson 0-10-1 1

Tuesday's Games

Palestine 1, Henderson 1

Jacksonville 3, Center 0

Nacogdoches 7, Lufkin Hudson 0

Livingston/Jasper

Team W-L-T Pts

Nacogdoches 11-0-2 24

Palestine 9-1-3 21

Jacksonville 10-3-0 20

Henderson 7-5-1 15

Center 5-7-0 10

Livingston 3-7-0 6

Jasper 0-11-1 1

Lufkin Hudson 0-11-1 1

Monday's Game

Jacksonville 2, Palestine 0

Tuesday's Games

Henderson 3, Hudson 0

Nacogdoches 10, Jasper 0

Last game does mean something now. If Palestine loses and Jville wins, then Jville will finish second and Palestine 3rd. But yes, both teams are in. Good luck to both now that they are in. Go represent the distirct well. They will both have their hands full with Athens, PT, or House. Sounds like the 4 guys on Jville's side got to some of the Wildcat players.

I was at the game and I really don't care who won the game. Palestine was all over the injuns in the 2nd half but couldn't get one in. The palestine team has improved alot and playing actual soccer and moving the ball. Jacksonville just kicks the ball around and has no movement off the ball. Jacksonville seems like a tougher team but Palestine is easily the team that plays better soccer. Of course the better team doesn't always win. That first goal looked like an own goal and the second one was a deflection when Palestine was pushing numbers up. By the way where is all the excuses about injuries from Jacksonville?

It was a back and forth game and both teams played well. Like someone said, Jax got the breaks last night and Palestine didn't. The first goal was an own goal but Jax was right there and put pressure on the ball....that happens sometimes. The second goal was a great shot that deflected off a defender. At least the kid just shot the ball and tried not to take his time to set it up....give him credit.

Both teams played great and good luck to both teams in the playoffs. Now we will see how we respond from a loss......it has been a long time since we had that feeling.

BUFF, a loss going in to the playoffs is not always a bad thing. I think it tends to bring the players back down to earth and realize that they can be beat. No one likes the bad taste left behind after a loss. I bet they step it up even more before it's all said and done. Good Luck!

Ballboy and Pokey are back all of the sudden.........:hmmm:

Believe me it is eating my kids up and they can't wait till Friday. If someone would've tried to tell me at the beginning of the year we would suffer our second loss with one game to go in district I would've told them they are crazy.

I agree with big bad daddy. Lets just drop it all and get ready for the playoffs. I know the players on the field played great and have respect for each other. That is all that matters. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs!

Team W-L-T Pts

Nacogdoches 11-0-2 24

Jacksonville 11-3-0 22

Palestine 9-2-3 21

Henderson 7-6-1 15

Center 5-7-0 10

Livingston 4-7-0 8

Jasper 0-11-1 1

Lufkin Hudson 0-11-1 1

Fridays Games

Livingston 4, Palestine 0

Jacksonville 2, Henderson 1