District 11-4A

jme4god

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the tournament director, that was the way that they tournament was set up with every team playing a one-hour game. If they didn't go past four innings, the game did not count on the season record.

Originally posted by leopard

All games should count on Sulphur Springs record if it was a regular season tournament. It's the same for all teams, not just Sulphur Springs. Their record should be 2-3

Straight from the coach. I did not know originally because I was not in attendance.

We are 2-3.

The misunderstanding occurred because of the format of the tournament set up due to the cold weather. It was a round robin tournament so those games counted. Not a pool game set up.

The PHS Wildcats return P Julie Essary, who carried them deep into the playoffs last year and have two excellent players that had to play JV last year after starting two years ago at North Lamar in Kellie Head and Macy Allen. The coaching change has been a big help to the program as well.

Originally posted by fastpitch_fan

Was Paris 3A or 4A last year. I didn't remember seeing them on the playoff bracket last year. And I agree that Essary is a seasoned pitcher.

Paris was 4A last year.

Guest mrse0706

SS has a lot of really GOOD girls on their team. That, along with a love for the game and a new coach will carry them all the way. Marcy Womack is a lethal pitcher & Amanda McGowan ain't so bad a player, either. But none of the girls are bad. As I said, don't knock em' till ya see em' play. ;)

Originally posted by flanker

No one will walk through this district unbeaten. Especially if Lindale has a good team. I know Paris and North Lamar will both have pitchers that can shut the other team down.

I agree with you that no one will walk through the district unbeaten. I saw the SSHS baseball team go undefeated in district last year and it was not an easy ride. The SSHS girls right now are 4-6 and play Forney tonight in Forney. Coach still has faith that our girls will find their stride in the next few weeks and be a good team when the district season comes around. He just needs to find the right mix.

Guest mrse0706

I too was there as a fan and a pretty darn good judge of the game. Forney was using their ace pitcher (whose last name is Benedict.....jokes anyone?), while our catcher is out with an injury (by the way, she's been accepted to SFA). Pre-district does not mean as much as the actual district. Tomorrow through Saturday, the girls are playing in the Frisco tourney. I'm just a fan and my opinions are my own. :flowers: