District 11-4A

jme4god

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the confusion guys. Hopefully this week we can get to 11-8 because we face No. 4 ranked Liberty-Eylau on Tuesday according to the Texas Girls Coaches Association poll before the district opener vs. Texas High next Friday. We really need to get rolling soon and get ready for a deep district run. We have already matched our win total from all of last year. Good Job SSHS.

Lady Cats won their fifth straight game last night 6-0 over the Pittsburg Lady Pirates and are now 10-8 on the year. The girls surpassed their win total from last year and have Bishop Lynch and Liberty Eylau before hosting Texas High for the district opener next Friday.

idk anything about bishop lynch, but i know LE and Texas high just played each other, and went 17 1/2 scoreless innings b4 t-high put one across in the bottom of the 18th.

and 18 inning game ending 1-0...thats some great pitching by harrington and middlebrooks...of course also by the girls who relieved them

Good luck with the district season which starts tonight. SSHS is hosting Texas High and looks for the early lead. Hopefully, it will be a great game and SSHS can get a winning streak started again.

Guest mrse0706

SS plays Texas High tonight in their district opener. I look for this to be an interesting game as both teams are using their ace pitchers. SSHS's coach looks for this to be a good "second season" for the girls as they prepare for their "third season" which means going to the playoffs and doing really well.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mrse0706

SSHS won against T-High last night winning 2-0 in the 10th inning. They will play N. Lamar tomorrow night at 6 at Lady Cat Park.

Guest mrse0706

Tomorrow night the Lady Cats are playing the Lady Tigers of Mt. Pleasant. We beat them before, so let's hope we can do it again.

From someone outside looking in, this has to be one of the toughest 4a districts in the state....There must not be one easy game in this district and that must make for alot of dads with no fingernails.(nerves)..my kind of softball!

• 2 weeks later...

Lindale beat SS tonight in 11 innings, i think. great game by both teams! Right after that Lindale had to come back and play NL and lost by one point. Lindale is now going to the playoffs! Good job lady eagles!!! :clap:

I am impressed with how well Sulphur Springs played this year. Unfortunately they handicapped themselves shooting their mouth off at the beginning of the season. Fans really hurt their team when they get on here boasting making outrageous statements that they can't back up. I'm sure they had a target on them from it when playing other district teams who didn't appreciate the harsh words.

"SS Girls will be fantastic & they will win the district. I defy anyone who says otherwise."

"SS is going to win in all sports, except maybe football. I've never seen them play. Get over it."

"Look, whoever the girl is from SS that says they won't be in district as a winner is wrong. I am a loyal SS fan and I'll defend them for as long as I live here. She apparently needs to look at the stat books again."

"MP's just been lucky. Wait till district. SS will overcome and win. "

"You'd just be wasting your breath, time, and energy. SS is going to WIN. They did not get 3rd in the Frisco tournament for nothing. Apparently MP is off of their 7 game winning streak right now. Who's the better team, now? "

very well said. i've noticed that the SS fans are very harsh, and i've seen that same attitude with the girls. They played a very good game on Saturday, and had a very good year. Maybe in the future they will learn not to boast so much until they see what the districts going to be like. Everyone knew that this district was going to be tough, so nobody should have thought they would win the thing undefeated

Originally posted by baller

I am impressed with how well Sulphur Springs played this year. Unfortunately they handicapped themselves shooting their mouth off at the beginning of the season. Fans really hurt their team when they get on here boasting making outrageous statements that they can't back up. I'm sure they had a target on them from it when playing other district teams who didn't appreciate the harsh words.

"SS Girls will be fantastic & they will win the district. I defy anyone who says otherwise."

"SS is going to win in all sports, except maybe football. I've never seen them play. Get over it."

"Look, whoever the girl is from SS that says they won't be in district as a winner is wrong. I am a loyal SS fan and I'll defend them for as long as I live here. She apparently needs to look at the stat books again."

"MP's just been lucky. Wait till district. SS will overcome and win. "

"You'd just be wasting your breath, time, and energy. SS is going to WIN. They did not get 3rd in the Frisco tournament for nothing. Apparently MP is off of their 7 game winning streak right now. Who's the better team, now? "

sulphur hung in the whole season. they played really well. but like you said...it just makes them and the person saying this look rediculously cocky. which makes them look worse when they dont make the playoffs, and the girls on the team do not deserve that. they played good. i've talked trash before and ate my words for it. i guess some just take longer to learn