Who are some of the fastest sprinters you have ever seen!!

tornadoballer

It was the mid-1980s and Dallas Roosevelt had Martin, who was clocked at 19.9 in the 200 and 10.0 in the 100 at the state meet. Roosevelt's 1600 relay set what was then a national record of 3:08, with Martin running 44.8 on the anchor to beat Texas HIgh's Roddie Haley, who had just set state record in 400 meters with time of 45.5.

Greenville's Henry Neal was also awesome

I saw Peterson at Palestines track meet his senior yr. He looked like an expensive race car in the curve of the 200. I had my doubts about him as a FB player, but there was no doubt that sucker could run. Oh and by the way my doubts about his FB ability are long gone. He is a stud! Anyone who can hold 80# dumbells and jump on to a plyo box that is waist high is athletic.

Bobby "Rob" Jones....Fastest white boy in East Texas football history.

I dont have any numbers, but when he was at Carthage, he burnt whites, black, mexicans, asians, germans, hungarians, swedes, polish, hell...even a few aliens.

oh and this would be really dumb if anybody took this statement as some kind of racial thing. :coolball:

Fastest kid I ever seen DeBryan Blanton from Forney... Saw this kid fall down at the regional meet, get up and still qualify for state... then he won state with the fastest time in all 100m classes... Kid could absolutely fly....

Originally posted by Slikk1803

Fastest kid I ever seen DeBryan Blanton from Forney... Saw this kid fall down at the regional meet, get up and still qualify for state... then he won state with the fastest time in all 100m classes... Kid could absolutely fly....

I stand as a witness to this...they should have called them back but that was one of the most amazing races i have ever seen! Dabryon is an amazing athlete...i got his autograph while at Texas relays (2005)...he will be an olympian in the near future i would imagine...Ontario jefferson from Kerens can run...cocky devil...but he can run.

Originally posted by catgrad06

Bobby "Rob" Jones....Fastest white boy in East Texas football history.

I dont have any numbers, but when he was at Carthage, he burnt whites, black, mexicans, asians, germans, hungarians, swedes, polish, hell...even a few aliens.

oh and this would be really dumb if anybody took this statement as some kind of racial thing. :coolball:

he was pretty dang fast wasnt he

Well i'm only 18 so i havn't got to see alot of guys run yet. But i'd have to say DaBryan Blanton is freakin fast. He is now a pro and runs for team Nike and man can he can fly in that 60m. Don't know if anyone has been watching him on t.v. the past couple of weeks, but i got to watch him run in person at an arkansas meet a month ago.

Blanton is incredible. I was at the regional meet where he slipped in the blocks, got up and beat Liberty-Eylau's Brandon Jones by a nose. Jones is also playing in the NFL today. But I was also there to see Martin and Neal. You'll just have to take my word for it, they were faster.

Many moons ago@ NCAA Meet 1982:

Stanley Floyd U of H 100m 10.03 James Butler OK ST. 200m 20.07

Merlene Ottey Nebraska 100m 10.97 Florence Griffith Joyner (Flo Jo) 200m 23.39

Joe Delaney and Mark Duper Northwestern St. + 2 others 400 Relay 38.8

Anthony Ketchum and Stanley Floyd + 2 others U of Houston 38.5

In other years Carl Lewis, Tonie Campbell, Willie Gault, Herschel Walker, Stanley Redwine and many others I can't think of at the moment.

Others that aren't considered sprinters but were extremely good Todd Harbour Baylor 800 - 1500/ Bruce Gingrich Rice 800 -1500/ Suleiman Nyambui UTEP 10,000 meters /

Sure was fun to run at the same time they did