Who are some of the fastest sprinters you have ever seen!!

tornadoballer

Originally posted by leopard

Daingerfield had a white boy that was fast. I think his name was Richardson. He won state championship in 100 and anchored relays

Yeah Leopard, I remenber that guy. I think he went on to play baseball somewhere. It was about 95' I think is when he was there. That is when Ark. High had that Cory Kelly kid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Steve Lofton's bests in high school were 10.3 & 20.7, however, he was one of those guys who could ALWAYS go lower...Some of the big names he beat were Tony Jones and Michael Johnson...From his Soph-Sr. years, he never lost a race (9 state gold medals in 100/200/sprint). In my opinion, he could have been a world class trackster had he not gone the pro football route. Just an unbelievable talent who could do it...

Originally posted by ETSportsfan87
Originally posted by Chevybud8

Steve Lofton from Alto back in the day............

You got that right, he was one fast son of a gun. Also Billy Wienlan (sp?) from Van was one fast white boy in the 400m in the mid 80's.

Billy Wineland ran a 47.2 his junior year to get 2nd at state.

• 2 weeks later...

Blanton is the fastest I have seen hands down. I believe he broke the 60m record last year or the year before that but not certain. He could fly signed with Ou and ended up just sticking to track. He probably could still go our for an NFL team and be a returner. The kid was a special athelte. Also Edorion McCullough could fly too. I know i just butchered the spelling of his name.

On the track, in High School, I will have to say that Brandon Christian (Austin Reagan -> Baylor) is one of the fastest ever to run on a track. He ran a 9.99 100m Dash at regionals in 2004 I believe it was. Ive never seen a kid run like him!

On the football field, I have seen and played against Quan Cosby (Mart -> Texas), and Eric Bizor (Centerville -> Cisco Jr. College). Those guys had some real speed on the football field.

Originally posted by LURunner83

At one of the state meets:

Roy Martin Roosevelt

Joe DeLoach Bay City

Steve Lofton Alto

Stanley Kerr Snook

all in different classifications set the 200 meter record/ absolutely amazing

That was 1984. Remember how DeLoach brought his sprint relay team from back of the pack to medal, on his anchor leg? Also, Hart Lee Dykes (Ok. State & N.E. Patriots) was on the same team as DeLoach. Roy "The Robot" Martin in the 400 was awesome to see.

Fastest kid I ever saw in person on the track was Reginald Johnson from Lindale. He was a year behind me there, but he ran a 10.2 in the 100 as a Freshman, and took 4th. He later went on to play D1 football at New Mexico. Nickname: Rocket. Same time Rocket Ismael was at Notre Dame.

Originally posted by kevnasty

corey richardson dfield 94-96ish, ran high 9's in the 100m and anchored the 400m relay, and hes white.

I'm pretty sure he played baseball at NE Texas Juco for 2 years.