Lindale Tournament Monday 19th

bafromet

Brace for Wind Monday with partly cloudy conditions all day. 45 degrees with 13 mph wind will not be much different than 62 with 21 and partly cloudy....Hey it is February!

8am Partly Cloudy 45°F S 13 mph

10am Partly Cloudy 51°F S 16 mph

12pm Partly Cloudy / Wind 58°F SSW 20 mph

2pm Partly Cloudy / Wind 62°F SSW 21 mph

4pm Partly Cloudy / Wind 61°F From S 22 mph

Good luck to everyone playing Monday at Hideaway CC.

www.edgewood-golf.com

Yes, I just got off the phone from my son before he had to run in the gym for BB practice. Didn't get to talk a minute but said it was ridiculos..greens extremly fast and combined with wind made it crazy....really goofey golf! Missed a 12" putt on first hole and 4 putted from 15 feet on last...up the hill for birdie, missed and came back down the hill past him! Try, try again....birdie to double bogie from 15 feet on last hole - ouch!

Great beginning and heck of finish!

1st place for girls was taken with an 86!!! By Bullard's Rosebury. She was followed with an 88 and an 89. I know Leslie from Spring Hill shot the 89. I don't know which teams won. I don't know anything about the boys scores. Not much help here.

Once again the wind was horrible. The pin placements were set on the break or slope. No matter where you were you were always putting up hill or down hill or on a hill some how! Seemed at the toughest points on the greens. Did I say the wind was terrible?!

My hats off to all the kids that competed today. Just to survive the wind is to be commended!

:notworthy:

Girls

Lindale Invitational

Lacie Holbert fired an 88 and Leslie Lee followed with an 89 to lead Spring Hill to a 380 team score and first place at the Lindale Invitational Tournament, Monday at Hideaway Lake.

Sulphur Springs was second with a 411 team score followed by Hallsville at 417, Henderson (442) and Gilmer (443).

Carthage's Cheyenne Ellett was the individual medalist, shooting an 82.

Following the scoring lead of Holbert and Lee for the Lady Panthers were Elizabeth Zapata (100), Mallorie Anderson (103) and Natalie Berry (106).

The Ladycats, who placed fourth last week at Bullard, were led by Casey Schaffer's 96 and a 97 by Meaghan Howell. Katelyn Smith add

My bad. :blushing:

Bullard must have left before all scores were posted. She thought Lindale was the only group not posted yet when they left. Guess she got 2nd then with an 86.

She loves playing with those Lindale girls by the way. She's really enjoyed getting to know them these last few years. I hope they will get to play together at Eagles Bluff on Tuesday.

Congratulations to Cheyenne on the 1st. Not only on 1st but on playing so well is such windy conditions.

I did mention it was windy right??