Tre Newton or Lennon Creer?

CPLGraziano

Who would you take? Newton, The 6-foot, 194-pound standout rushed for 2,010 yards and 20 touchdowns on 274 carries as a junior while adding 27 receptions for 333 yards and three scores. I just like this cuz everyone acted like Creer was the next coming of Doak Walker but his stats altho close in comparison were in 2A...Newton did the same in 5A

Newton has done it with an offense that cannot be stopped... If a team could totally focus on taking the running game away from Southlake would he rack up all those yards, I doubt it... You honestly could not compare these two running backs, they are both great athletes and I'm sure you'll hear these two names for years to come...

I've never seen either of them play, but who cares to be honest. Newton's great, but he's not even being compared to some of the other top backs in the state. Big pickup, but I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal about it. I think getting Jeremy Hills to commit on the spot was a bigger deal than Newton

They're both studs. It's hard to say Creer has proven himself more than Newton since both were the starting tailbacks for two back-to-back state championship teams. Being from East Texas, I would rather have Creer playing for Texas just because I'm a little biased. I think many of my fellow Horn fans are picking Newton just because he picked Texas and Creer is going to Tennessee. If they both get to play at their schools, they'll produce but you never know...lots of studs are sitting on the bench at their schools.

Originally posted by maroonandwhite34

Whatever Dirkscrew i disagree. At a 5a school Newton also has better offensive lineman many weighing over 280 even 300 pounds. Creers biggest lineman may weigh 220.

Yeah, and they are all playing against other 3A players with the same approx. weight. It's all relevant, so really the only conclusion you can make is that both are really good backs. Which is better, well we'll find that out in a year or two.

Originally posted by maroonandwhite34

Whatever Dirkscrew i disagree. At a 5a school Newton also has better offensive lineman many weighing over 280 even 300 pounds. Creers biggest lineman may weigh 220.

The defense is also as big and faster so the o-line ifactor is balanced out. thats the reason I believe he is better. Creer is a very good back but I personally just dont see him being as good as Newton is. Thats just my personal opinion from what I have seen from seeing them both play.

Many a small school back has made it at the D1 level. But there's no way Creer faced the talent every week that Newton did. There's nothing reletive between 2A & 5A, except the game itself. Newton will have an edge going in as a true freshman, but if Creer is worth his salt, he will make the adjustment. Time will tell.

Id take Newton.. Hes used to straight spread and running from the spread, and he went against way better defenses then creer did. I saw Creer play 3 times this last season and he did get over 100 or so yards in those games but alot of backs can get over that many yards when you are running the ball 90% of the game in 2A. I guess we will find out.