Holy Grail of Baseball Cards

DaveTV1

The 1909 Honus Wagner tobacco card once owned by Wayne Gretzky was auctioned off yesterday at a whopping 2.35 million.

This is another reason mothers should not have access to baseball card collections. I remember Smoaky's story of how his were lost. I had a similar story, but mine were given to my nephews, when I returned home they were being used to make motorcycle sound effects on their bicycles. I did too, but I didn't use my favorite players cards. One of the worst days of my life.

Little different deal with the Wagner card, lol. Now adays though its nearly impossible to get a card worth something unless you buy it individually. Ive got a million of cards from the 60s-present and I dont have anything that whiffs a million.

I'm one of the few people left who actually collects for the "love of the card"

I have never obsessed over how much a card "is worth".

That's the first thing people who see my collection ask me: "how much is all of this worth?" My answer: I DON'T CARE.

If you compiled the Beckett value of my five favorite Baseball Cards of all time, I would bet it would not surpass $10.

Originally posted by cheaptrick77

If you compiled the Beckett value of my five favorite Baseball Cards of all time, I would bet it would not surpass $10

That's about double the amount I would "value" your music collection!!! :whome::w00t: :whome:

Originally posted by cheaptrick77

Man -- you would be getting a HECKUVA deal if you bought my entire music collection for that price !!

Don't count on it :getlost: :D

Cheaptrickfan,

You're being modest, and I know it. I wouldn't take $10 for the worst album or baseball card in my collection. Perhaps I should rephrase "Let the Mom's and Dad's" wreak havoc upon your cards and record collections, it will make my values go up.