most annoying teams

mr.sasquatch

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont agree at all. I think its a disgrace to the game. There is a difference between being enthusiastic into the game and riding a pitcher. What are you teaching kids if you tell them that they can yell out at the opposing pitcher. Just dont think its very ethical and sportsmanlike at all.

Originally posted by mr.sasquatch

man chanting is part of the game in high school, its all about getting into the pitcher's head and i agree with bigdawg, EF is really good at doing it

since when has chanting been a part of high school baseball? there are a few teams that do it, and its annoying.

if you want to chant...go play softball

Guest bleedsbluengold24

"Man chanting". That's funny. An attempt, by putting "man" in front of it to lend some masculinity to a practice that has none.

Man chanting, not for men.

Originally posted by FieldOfDreams
Originally posted by mr.sasquatch

man chanting is part of the game in high school, its all about getting into the pitcher's head and i agree with bigdawg, EF is really good at doing it

since when has chanting been a part of high school baseball? there are a few teams that do it, and its annoying.

if you want to chant...go play softball

Because it's annoying is probalby the reason they do it.

chanting is a disgrace to the game of baseball... that is no way to get into a pitchers head... real pitchers zone everything out while on the hill... chanting is just an annoying sound that everyone in the crowd has to listen to... it takes a lot more than chanting to rattle a real pitcher

As a team we were fairly quiet and consistently made the play-offs. Only talked to our own players. Before the game when the opposing pitcher took the mound for warm-ups we would line up along the baseline and watch without saying a word. We would do the same anytime a new pitcher would come in between or during an inning. There were always unsettled glances made our way by the pitcher.

Guest bleedsbluengold24

Since some of you believe chanting is an acceptable and effective part of the game, why then don't the pros do it? Why don't you see it in the collegiate ranks? I'm not talking about the occasional chatter, I'm talking about a set script of chants, that in your mind, distracts the pitcher.

Why not let your batters distract the pitcher by pounding him?

The reason you don't see it in the pros or collegiate ball is because, as someone so appropriately put it, it's bush league. Childish past-times for childish players. Can't stand on their own merits, so they resort to becoming a part of the game from the dugout.

Bush leaguers.