pitcher to watch

catfan10

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hard to believe one senior can make that big of a difference, hallsville is more experienced and the jackson kid has more pitching experience. someone told me that the kid from new boston has only thrown last year and this year cause of the collom girl

When SS pitcher Marci Womack is on, she is a very good pitcher. She's already recorded a couple of one hitters so far this year. She has a 1.05 ERA and is 8-4 on the season. She also has 78 K's to only 11 BB in 66 innings.

After the duel with T-high today, you have to give alot of props to Middlebrooks and Harrington. Both girls had shutouts until they were relieved. Harrington after 10 or 11 and Middlebrooks after 16. WOW. These two warriors and their defense must have put on quite a show for all those who attended. Good thing is they have to play each other again on thurs in the Texas High Tournament, so if you missed part one of this duel, come out thurs and catch part II.

Originally posted by wildonez3

Kayla McDaniel

Freshman for LadyCats of Harleton

I watched Harleton play Henderson in the Jasper tournament. I think they ended up losing, but considering how good Henderson is, that's not a big deal. They DID put up a fight though and showed real potential. They have a pretty well-rounded team, too. I was impressed.

Originally posted by Bigdawg

After the duel with T-high today, you have to give alot of props to Middlebrooks and Harrington. Both girls had shutouts until they were relieved. Harrington after 10 or 11 and Middlebrooks after 16. WOW. These two warriors and their defense must have put on quite a show for all those who attended. Good thing is they have to play each other again on thurs in the Texas High Tournament, so if you missed part one of this duel, come out thurs and catch part II.

It was defitnaly a show 4 1/2 hours long im sure the girls were worn out but they showed no sign.. T high had multiple chances to score but the Leopards worked hard to get them selfs out of jams one time in the 13th i belive bases loaded with no outs! that takes heart!

Have seen many pitchers during summer ball....Middlebrooks is the best but Kayla Jackson isnt far behind...Middlebrooks size makes her a very tough pitcher to hit...Becca Collum is another good one and Kayla Williams from SpringHill is one ...she is young and will only get better with time....

• 1 month later...

Cassidy Henderson from Edgewood is definately one to go watch pitch. I have watched her pitch twice and she is a great pitcher. I hear that she pitches 65 mph and I have no doubt that she doesnt! Also I hear that her ERA is extremely low. If anyone knows what it is please reply. Another pitcher is Summer Huddelston, I think thats how you spell it, from Quitman. She has been pretty effective this year from what I hear.

Originally posted by SballFan7

Cassidy Henderson from Edgewood is definately one to go watch pitch. I have watched her pitch twice and she is a great pitcher. I hear that she pitches 65 mph and I have no doubt that she doesnt! Also I hear that her ERA is extremely low. If anyone knows what it is please reply. Another pitcher is Summer Huddelston, I think thats how you spell it, from Quitman. She has been pretty effective this year from what I hear.

:thumbsup:The last stats I saw posted in Tyler paper had Henderson leading in era at 0.06, which is outstanding and I believe she was leading in strikeouts as well.

Just because Middlebrooks has a better ERA, K's Record better than collom doesn't mean anything, becca is the better of the two gurls with out a doubt, they know it, we know it, so lets cut the arguing. Collom has played twice as many games as middlebrooks. Middlebrooks is good dont get me wrong, but can't touch becca. Becca has beat her twice I think this year, with freshman and sophmore's behind her. Becca pitches almost every game. Lacy pitches every so often, come on now. Go NB keep up the good work.