Whitehouse Girls

FHSFan1

It looks like the Whitehouse girls are the team to beat out of this area. It also looks like they will have to play Brenham in the regional quarterfinals, and if they win that game, then play Friendswood in the regional semi-finals.

What do you think of their chances?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitehouse always dominates until the second or third round of the playoffs when they play a real team from Dallas that actually plays competition. The girls soccer in East Texas is pathetic, which is why everyone has to travel to Dallas for real competition...

Wow, that's kind of harsh. As you can tell from the user name, I'm a Friendswood fan, and I like their chances. But, the Lady Mustangs know all about and definitely have respect for Whitehouse.

Surely there are some pro-Whitehouse people out there.

Originally posted by GabeHorns

Whitehouse always dominates until the second or third round of the playoffs when they play a real team from Dallas that actually plays competition. The girls soccer in East Texas is pathetic, which is why everyone has to travel to Dallas for real competition...

You know, I just imagine that some of the girls & coaches read this extremely insensitive remark you made about this area & the soccer programs. We are to build each other up & encourage. While the level of competition isn't the same here as in the Dallas area, don't minimize player's heart, determination and love of the game by such a, in my opinion, rude & unfeeling blurb. You are unbelievable. I can't fathom someone saying such an asinine statement about these kids. What a first class JERK!

Whats wrong with saying that the level of soccer is down compared to other areas? Its a statement that I, and I guarantee others, believe is true. I'm not criticising anyone. I'll take back the word 'pathetic' and replace it with 'lacking the competitivness compared to other areas around the state.'

The reason why most girl teams out of East Texas for soccer don't make it far in the playoffs is because of lack of competition....

Whitehouse doesn't have to go through Dallas this year and that will help alot. When I coached the girls at house we also were in region 3 and meet Friendswood in the semifinals one year. I don't think Friendswood is as good as they were then so House has a chance this year. Gabe is right about they don't have enough stiff competition throughout the whole season and that can hurt in the playoffs.

SoccerBuff:

The game to which you refer was the 1999 regional semi-final, when Friendswood smoked Whitehouse 4-0 en route to finishing as the State runner-up.

Although I apprecaite your offering an opinion, and I agre that the 98-99 team was definitely very good, I am not sure that they were better (or even as good) as this year's FHS team. In fact, there are many similarities. The 98-99 team was comprised of underclass girls who went to state three straight years starting that year.

Last year's FHS team was comprised of only 5 seniors (3 of whom started), 1 junior, a bunch of sophomores, and 2 freshmen. That very young team won the regional championship, and went on to state where they lost to state champion McKinney North.

This year, FHS has basically the same team back that won the regional champion last year, only they are a year older now, and they have added a freshmen who is an ODP player.

I'm not putting Whitehouse down, but I think the Friendswood team this year is pretty good (the only losses and ties have been to very strong 5A teams in close games) and will be again next year (there is only 1 senior). Three trips to state is a definite possibility.

Stand up for your girls, but tell me why Whitehouse will have a chance -- not just vs. FHS, but also Brenham? Has Whitehouse beaten any truly quality opponents this year?

Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers but you were asking for our opinions. Maybe you guys will win state....only time will tell. I haven't seen you guys play and I am only basing my response on how good that team was in 1999 because they were awesome. No hard feelings.

If Friendswood is as good as '99 then House will have some trouble.

If you read my post carefully I said, "when I coached the girls". I am the boys coach at Palestine now and that is my only main concern. I just support all the teams here in East Texas and I have no clue who they have played this year.

Good luck to you guys in the playoffs.....if you are that good then you should win the region.

Who is the coach there now?

Not a problem, you didn't ruffle my feathers. The FHS coach is Laura Peter - who may have been the assistant back in 99. If your current team advances in the playoff, you may end up playing her husband's team - the FHS boys.

Anyway, I see that the Whitehouse girls are now 9th on the TASCO 4A rankings. Congratulations on some well deserved recognition.

I think some people misunderstood me, especially some of the girls that play for Whitehosue. Whitehouse always has a great team, but when I said girls soccer in East Texas is poor, it meant East Texas as a whole, not pointed at a certain school or team. The better players in this area have to travel to the Dallas area just to play decent teams. If Whitehouse is able to dominate soccer in East Texas for the past 3-4 years, then that means they're either 'amazing' or they don't play anyone that can compete at their level, but when Whitehouse gets to the playoffs, they always fall to a team that plays in a tougher district. That was the point I was trying to make....

Gabehorns, i get you, and you're 100% correct. The level of soccer played around here is nothing like it is in the dallas area. The teams up there have much more money, better coaching (no offense to anyone because we have some great coaches in the area, but as a whole theirs are better), and much more selection. Around here, you're lucky if your HS team has 2 club players on it, teams like Pine Tree and whitehouse have mulitple which is why they excel usually. my team has one and thats it. There was nothing wrong with ur statement, some people just don't want to face the truth

I hope the girls can pull it off this year. This is probably the strongest team that Whitehouse has ever fielded, with all 11 players. Playing club ball. 1999's Team were good with C.Lough and several others, but had on average about 4-5 club players. Playing for Buff they had alot of heart. Brad Jones has had it easy coaching these girls & these girls want it this year. They want to get through the first round.

Lindale's only a decent team. They were great last year when they had Sam Fraser in goal, but they lost her to Texas State where she started half the season. Lindale's only good player now is Maddie Fraser, and she's only a sophmore.

Last year I did the Lindale/Whitehouse game in Lindale and Whitehouse scored with less than 3 min left on a perfect through ball and run.

Lindale's only a decent team. They were great last year when they had Sam Fraser in goal, but they lost her to Texas State where she started half the season. Lindale's only good player now is Maddie Fraser, and she's only a sophmore.

Last year I did the Lindale/Whitehouse game in Lindale and Whitehouse scored with less than 3 min left on a perfect through ball and run.

Gabehorns I take it you are a referee. Based on the statements you have made on this thread I dont know how you ever get assigned to an East Texas HS game.

Aside from all the comments about the sorry soccer in East Texas, to say Lindale has only one good player tells me that 1) you are no judge of soccer talent and 2) you have no compassion for the kids playing this game. I have seen Lindale play, last year and this year, and it is my opinion that they have many talented players from which they have developed into a quality team, and I believe Sam and Maddie would tell you the same thing.

Actually, I get assigned great games in Austin and San Antonio. My opinion's just observation. Maddie is the only great player on that team. Lindale might have a couple 'good' players, but Maddie is the only player on that team that will actually play in college. Heck, she's only a sophmore and one of the best high school girl players in East Texas.

Scores for Lindale/Whitehouse (3-0 first round)-(4-1 second round)

As for the perfect through ball and run in Whitehouse's victory that GabeHorns was the line for, I guess you would have to look at the game film to see what a bad call it was. I guess that is what happens when they allow alumni to officiate games.

By the way, Lindale defeated Nederland tonight 4-1. And yes, Maddie Fraser is a great player, but we have a great group of girls that have really worked hard to build this into a good team for a second-year program.

Great job East Texas representing our teams.