Whitehouse Girls

FHSFan1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost thier Stopper 1 hr before the game due to vomiting and dehydration had to be taken to hospital for IV. The girls played very hard even after Friendswood made their only regulation score from a PK about 8 minutes into the first half. Unsure how the ref got a PK call from it since FW took down our own player, But those things happen. Great Run for the girls and East Texas is very proud of them. I think the south know who we are now and I feel the girls will be back.

It was a great game. Congratulations to the Lady Wildcats, who are by far the best 4A team Friendswood has payed this year.

To quote a famous Houston coach, "never underestimate the heart of a champion!" The four time regional champion Lady Mustangs overcame a four hour bus trip, a weather delay, a hostile crowd, and a crazy own goal with 56 seconds left in regulation to beat East Texas' best team in East Texas!

And to the Lady Wildcats, you can thank your boy fans for inspiring the Lady Mustangs on to this victory. To a girl, the Lady Mustangs said that there was NO WAY they were going to lose that game after all the foul, vulgar and vile things being said by those boys throughout the game. It was easily the most classless act I have ever seen at a HS soccer game, and should be an embarrassment to all of Whitehouse.

No I haven't been to any of their games, and from the description, I don't want to go to any.

I can almost (almost!) understand how a bunch of teenage boys in a group could lose all control like that, but I was stunned that the Whitehouse parents did not step in and do something about their kids. That was really disappointing, and will forever color my view of that town and school.

Originally posted by FHSFan1

That was really disappointing, and will forever color my view of that town and school.

That is really a shame. I used to work in WH, (not with buff), as a youth director. Their are some good people and kids in WH, it is really sad that a few kids have to ruin the repatation of a good town.

I was sitting on the Whitehouse side and didn't hear vulgar and vile things being said, maybe I was just paying too much attention to the game but I didn't hear any of the parents saying they heard it either. Friendswood scored in regulation time on a pk, which there are different views on it being a penalty in the box by a Whitehouse player. One of the Whitehouse starters was sick before the game and couldn't play and a few of the players had to play different positions, they also had a weather delay so I guess you can say both teams had some things to overcome. Friendswood has a great soccer team and I wish the best of luck in the game or games to come.

I was on the sidelines at the game. Did the boys get into the game...yes...did they use vulgar language...NO. I would have been the first one up in the stands having a talk with them. Were they "on" the Friendswood players...yes...but nothing out of line. Were some of the Friendswood players little "potty mouths" yep...I just can't quote them.

Sometimes the best team doesn't win. Congratulations to Friendswood.

Well, I was sitting across the field, and I could hear your boys saying vile and vulgar things, and all of the Friendswood girls heard it. So my guess is that you are either hard of hearing or you are so embarassed about having done nothing about it at the time that you now need to say that you did not hear any of it. Please!

Although you hate to see it in such an important game, the PK had to be called. The Friendswood forward was pushed down from behind and face forward into the ground and the Whitehouse defender actually went down on top of her. When it happened, the Friendswood player was stepping up to play a ball that had been crossed in from the left wing, and about 1/3 of the net was wide open. No ref wants to call a PK, but on that play he had no choice.