Whitehouse Girls

FHSFan1

Unfortunately for Whitehouse, they will not get to play Friendswood. Both the boys and girls semifinals will be Brenham vs. Friendswood.

Friendswood will win both games and eventually qualify both their teams for state.

No disrespect meant for East Texas soccer. The teams just don't have the chance to play the quality competition that Houston area teams do. Perhaps they should play in some of the early season tournaments down here.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by FHSFan2

Unfortunately for Whitehouse, they will not get to play Friendswood. Both the boys and girls semifinals will be Brenham vs. Friendswood.

Friendswood will win both games and eventually qualify both their teams for state.

No disrespect meant for East Texas soccer. The teams just don't have the chance to play the quality competition that Houston area teams do. Perhaps they should play in some of the early season tournaments down here.

What makes you so sure that the Friendswood girls will play Brenham in the semifinals? The Whitehouse girls play Brenham Friday. Are you so sure that Brenham is goin to win against Whitehouse?

Originally posted by FHSFan2

I would not make a comment on any of the teams down south because I don't follow them. Your blanket statement about East Texas teams shows a lack of maturity and common sense. Whitehouse did participate in the Tomball tournament. They had one very close loss during the tournament to Tomball, and some nice wins against some 5A schools, but I can't judge the Houston area competition by one tournament. Why don't you give us the "scouting" report on Brenham?

I know Brenham has a history of having a strong girls and boys soccer program. I also heard at the beginning of the season that the Brenham girls team is not as strong this year as it has been in the past. Haven't heard anything since then; so I don't know how their season went or if they have improved and gotten better as the season went on. I would expect them to be a well coached team with good senior leadership. The Brenham-PT score leads me to believe Brenham is a little down this year and Whitehouse may have a chance. I believe Whitehouse will score at least 2 goals maybe more. Not sure if Benham can score more; we will see!

As a side note, I appreciate GabeHorns comments and candor. Yes, they are harsh at times but they are always infomative and have some substance to them. Do I agree with all his comments; NO, but it is obvious he has experince as a player, referee and linesman of a wide variety of levels of the game. PLAY ON!

I to take exception to the statement that Lindale only has one good player. I hope thats what all the teams we still have to play think. I can't believe that one player can carry a soccer team this far. Nederland was 21-1 before last nites game. I really don't want to tell anyone who our other "good players " are if they haven't seen us...but i will mention one and thats Charity Shipman, a junior who is faster than most anyone I've seen, and although she got started late in the club scene, she continues to improve week to week and every time she touches the ball you expect her to break into the open for a score, and she's college material despite what the forum experts says...

I was impressed with the three games I've seen Lindale play. Their favorite scoring opp is off of the corner, but I think they showed last night and against Pal that they can score in the flow of the match. As players go I don't think there is anyone stronger than Maddie (sp?), but they have more than one talented player on that team. just my opinion.

12 Fan was Whitehouse offsides on all the goals they scored, Not sure but I don't think this post was posted to bash the lady cats. I also Know personally several of your good player and yes they have alot of Heart and like you I am very proud of them. But the bottom line is You only scored 1 goal in the 2 times you played the house. Though we do not always like the call the referees call or don't see, I think if I remember right there were bad calls going both ways, it just depends on which side you were sitting on, but they are the officials and sometimes we just have to accept it and move on. Because it is Playoffs and East Texas needs to be supporting each other.

I expect the Brenham vs. Whitehouse game to be very close. Both have some talented players up front, but both have some weaknesses. The key will be which team wins the battle in the midfield.

BTW, did you know that district 23-4A has won all of this year's Region 3 sports competitons; except for Girls XC and Boys Basketball.

Football -LaMarque

Boys XC - Friendswood

Volleyball - Friendswood

Girls Basketball - Dickinson

Boys Swimming - Friendswood

Girls Swimming - Friendswood

Pretty impressive for one district to be so dominant.

oh no, no, guess i should have put 'lol' at the end of my last comment, i was still trying to poke a little at Mr. Gabehorn and the different perceptions people have... The girls from both schools are friends and some of them play on the same club team, in which i've seen them play many times over the years. No doubt Whitehouse is a great team and i hope it comes down to another game between the two schools, because that means one of the two would eventually be state bound...Lindale at some point is going to have to beat the powers that be to show we belong with the big dogs...guys and girls...no bashing of the girls was ever contemplated, intended, or would ever come out of me, sorry if anyone took me wrong.

Originally posted by soccerspectator

The Brenham-PT score leads me to believe Brenham is a little down this year and Whitehouse may have a chance.

So spectator, are you saying that Pine Tree isn't talented enough to have kept the game that close? Or what? That's a bit insulting to me, but maybe I'm taking this the wrong way..

The Whitehouse - Brenham game should be interesting... Brenham's best player got sent off vs. Pine Tree and is suspended from the Whitehouse game. She's scored around 30 goals this season after missing pre-season tournaments with an injury, and scored upwards of 40 goals as a freshman last year. But other Brenham players have the ability to find the net. The game should be close.