Baylor upsets Missouri in big 12 tournament

baylor is incredibly young and will return their top 8 scorers next year... looking at their record you would probably dismiss them as having any chance ever but mark my words they will surprise a lot of people next year... with the exception of a 40 point loss at oklahoma (4 point loss when played at baylor) and a 26 point loss to kansas baylor has been very close to winning some very big games...

@ OSU by 4

A&M by 10 (it was a 5 point game with 40 seconds left)

@ UT by 5

OU by 4

@ A&M by 10

UT by 1

granted these were all losses but they could have very well gone the other way with a little more experience... just dont count them out...

Baylor has a lot of talent...when they get rolling and shoot the ball well they are hard to beat. I see them finishing anywhere from 3rd-5th in the Big 12 next year depending on if Texas and Kansas return some key players. You can see the development happening before your eyes. The only real negative I see with Baylor is that Josh Lohmers is a flat-out dirty player.

Originally posted by Aggie2008

Baylor has a lot of talent...when they get rolling and shoot the ball well they are hard to beat. I see them finishing anywhere from 3rd-5th in the Big 12 next year depending on if Texas and Kansas return some key players. You can see the development happening before your eyes. The only real negative I see with Baylor is that Josh Lohmers is a flat-out dirty player.

its lomers. and you think hes a dirty player b/c he made one physical play against a&m? that play was pretty much to make whoever that was coming in the lane to think twice next time... nothing dirty about it ... if you watched your aggie team, or any other team in the big12 for that matter, you would see that these type of plays happen all the time.

As close as this team has been this year, the young players have has trouble closing out games and this season has been seen as a disapointment because Baylor is one of the more talented teams in the conference, 11th place should be unaceptable. The only teams in the conference that clearly have more talent are Kansas and Texas.

Originally posted by GWbaseball07
Originally posted by Aggie2008

its lomers. and you think hes a dirty player b/c he made one physical play against a&m? that play was pretty much to make whoever that was coming in the lane to think twice next time... nothing dirty about it ... if you watched your aggie team, or any other team in the big12 for that matter, you would see that these type of plays happen all the time.

When the aggies do these things, they call it "good defense". But yeah, there was nothing dirty about those screens they were just good hard screens that looked worse because they were being blindsided, which was because Joseph Jones was hanging his teammates out to dry by not calling out the screens all game.