Baylor 69 Texas 74 F

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was close when i said they might score 50 in the 2nd half.

1st 2nd F

Baylor 43 26 69

Texas 25 49 74

Baylor

Name FGM-A PF Pts

C Jerrells 5-15 1 19

M Diene 5-9 5 14

A Bruce 4-7 3 12

H Dugat 4-12 2 12

K Rogers 3-6 5 8

J Lomers 1-1 2 2

M Shepherd 1-4 4 2

T Carter 0-5 1 0

Texas

Name FGM-A PF Pts

K Durant 8-24 4 29

A Abrams 6-12 4 16

D James 3-8 3 8

C Winder 4-4 1 8

D Augustin 2-13 2 6

C Atchley 1-2 2 4

J Mason 0-3 1 3

Originally posted by Longhorn Fan

Yea you were. I still can't believe it. Sawemoff, it seems that I recall not one negative thing was said about Law when they lost today, but you come on here and say something stupid like that. This is not about bashing one school or the other. Get a grip.

Sawemoff is a sooner, don't confuse the two. haha

Originally posted by LJLPOP10
Originally posted by Longhorn Fan

Yea you were. I still can't believe it. Sawemoff, it seems that I recall not one negative thing was said about Law when they lost today, but you come on here and say something stupid like that. This is not about bashing one school or the other. Get a grip.

Sawemoff is a sooner, don't confuse the two. haha

hah thanks! and its nothing against texas at all, you just wouldn't think the best player in the nation for the 07 season would go 0/12 or whatever. It wasn't bashing ut or anything like that. and nothing negitave was said about law? lol ill say it, he almost didn't exisit out there today, i don't think he is POY either! id pick durant over him for POY but there r others id pick over Durant

Guest RRHoochieKoo

Honestly when UT got down by 20 and the way Durant was shooting I turned it off. Needless to say I was shocked seeing UT came back when I got the paper this morning. Looks like Durant came back like all the great ones do.

If he isn't POY I'd question someones bball knowledge.

Originally posted by UTBasketball00

i was pretty sure texas would come back and win... baylor has an uncanny way of being able to shoot themselves(foot, head, chest... wherever) whenever its a big game maybe its lack of experience.. im not sure

this game= injuries.

Sawemoff, you know nothing about basketball and to me, I have no respect for anything you say from this point on. Since you know more than the media, the guys on ESPN, and the rest of the world, please tell me who you would pick over Durant? Michael Neal from Oklahoma??? You're post was about as ignorant as any post that has been on this web site. Please stay out of topics that you obviously know nothing about. College basketball seems to be something you should stay away from.

Originally posted by GWbaseball07

i was pretty sure texas would come back and win... baylor has an uncanny way of being able to shoot themselves(foot, head, chest... wherever) whenever its a big game maybe its lack of experience.. im not sure

this game= injuries.

trust me i'm quite sure ive seen baylor play more times than you this year and they've done this many times

durant only shot 33% and still had 29 pts... im not sure what to think about that haha

he went to the line 13 times and made 11, thats what to think about it.

that still means he scored 18 not from the line on 33% shooting

Originally posted by Bballer2005

Sawemoff, you know nothing about basketball and to me, I have no respect for anything you say from this point on. Since you know more than the media, the guys on ESPN, and the rest of the world, please tell me who you would pick over Durant? Michael Neal from Oklahoma??? You're post was about as ignorant as any post that has been on this web site. Please stay out of topics that you obviously know nothing about. College basketball seems to be something you should stay away from.

My sentimants exactly!

that still means he scored 18 not from the line on 33% shooting

my point was that he shoots enough (24 times) that even if he shoots 33% from the field, 18 points isnt hard to come by. he only made 8 field goals (two of them 3s). all that means is he shoots enough to make up for a bad shooting night.

the closest on either team for FGA was curtis jerrells of baylor with 15.

of course if he wouldnt have played the first half the second half totals would have made him look a lot better

he didnt take a shot without someone in his face until the second half. even the "highlights"of him missing everything during the first half on espn someone was in his face. it wasnt that he was missing wide open shots. it would have been more of the same in the second half, but injuries and fatigue take a toll.

of course if he wouldnt have played the first half the second half totals would have made him look a lot better

he didnt take a shot without someone in his face until the second half. even the "highlights"of him missing everything during the first half on espn someone was in his face. it wasnt that he was missing wide open shots. it would have been more of the same in the second half, but injuries and fatigue take a toll.

i think it was more foul trouble and he stepped up when they needed him...

i think it was more foul trouble and he stepped up when they needed him...

i really dont want to get into a one on one thing here but,

baylor playing the night before and texas not playing did play a factor.

the injury situation also didnt help on the fatigue issue.

tim bush out for season with broken foot. kevin rogers saw limited minutes due to ankle injury. josh lomers saw limited action due to some injury which im not 100% sure on. penny thiam was out all season with a torn acl.

i really dont want to get into a one on one thing here but,

baylor playing the night before and texas not playing did play a factor.

the injury situation also didnt help on the fatigue issue.

tim bush out for season with broken foot. kevin rogers saw limited minutes due to ankle injury. josh lomers saw limited action due to some injury which im not 100% sure on. penny thiam was out all season with a torn acl.

come on its all in good fun...

If playing the night before was such a factor then baylor wouldn't have gotten out to a 20 point lead... the reason they lost is because they became complacent with being up by 20 and as soon as that happened they let down their guard and durant seized the opportunity... Baylor did the same thing when they played texas @ baylor... they only gave up 4 points to durant the first half then gave up 20 in the second...

Rogers didnt play much because he was always in foul trouble... he picked up 5 fouls in 18 minutes of play.. Lomers always has a knee injury thats why he wears massive braces on both knees every game... thiam has been out the entire season so hes a nonfactor in my point about baylor always messing things up for themselves (which they did in football too)

so yes injuries and playing back-to-back had a factor... but regardless baylor should never have lost

If playing the night before was such a factor then baylor wouldn't have gotten out to a 20 point lead... the reason they lost is because they became complacent with being up by 20 and as soon as that happened they let down their guard and durant seized the opportunity... Baylor did the same thing when they played texas @ baylor... they only gave up 4 points to durant the first half then gave up 20 in the second...

Rogers didnt play much because he was always in foul trouble... he picked up 5 fouls in 18 minutes of play.. Lomers always has a knee injury thats why he wears massive braces on both knees every game... thiam has been out the entire season so hes a nonfactor in my point about baylor always messing things up for themselves (which they did in football too)

so yes injuries and playing back-to-back had a factor... but regardless baylor should never have lost

the fatigue from playing the night before doesnt play as much as a factor until the second half. kinda like bobby knight said..." if you went out today and ran 5 miles today, would you rather go out tomorrow and run five miles or the next day?".

rogers was hurt and missed the final game of the regular season against osu and got few minutes against mizzou. again, bush was out. lomers wore and has worn the knee braces all season to prevent knee injuries, like offensive linemen in football. thiam has been out all season and was a nonfactor, but with all the "minute limiting injuries" the bears had, a few minutes from a top 100 recruit could have helped. (i realize thats a mute point.) the injuries that i was trying to point out didnt play much into anything except it added onto the fatigue as the ones who usually only play 20 minutes had to play 25 and the ones who play 30 minutes had to play 35.

on paper, yes, baylor should have won. but look at the overall picture. guarding durant like they did in the first half was with fresh legs, as was shooting. its hard for a jumpshooting team to hit jumpshots on tired legs.

I don't think it had anything to do with the Bears being complacent. You say that Baylor should never have lost. Maybe Baylor never should have been up by 20. Maybe it was Texas that came out complacent thinking they had it in the bag, then realized they would have to play some ball to beat the Bears. I don't believe the Bears have been up by 20 too many times this year and I promise you they weren't expected to even win their first game, much less beat Texas.

Why is it always we have to degrade Baylor, why can't people just remember how well they played to even be in the game.