house vs. pal

j.abeso903

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to think Palestine's record is somewhat reflective of their ability to win against good teams. They beat J-ville twice, tied Nac twice, and lost a competetive game early in the season to 5A power, Plano. Of course, Whitehouse has some nice wins as well, but...

1-0 (Palestine)

Whitehouse has had some awesome wins.....2 wins over Athens and a win over Pine Tree. Their district was alot tougher from top to bottom and that gives them the advantage. Plus those seniors (10 starters I think) have had a few years of playoff experience and we have zero. We start three sophomores and a freshmen so we are young. On paper Whitehouse is easily favored but that is why you play the game.

so Soccerbuff, u being the coach of Pal., are u rooting for house? cause ur last post makes it sound like that, but thats just me.

ive got my bracket filled out( jk, just a little bit of march madness fever) and mine says house wins 3-0

jabes, all I said is that they are favored on paper. They have tradition and are an awesome program. Just respecting Clemons and his program that is all. We are working on building ours and this is one step. It will be a great match and Palestine will battle to the end!

Originally posted by soccerwatcher

uh...hmmmm.....excuse me...Palestine beat Jville once (in district play).

I think they are talking about the cana tournament where they won 4-0 and you guys didn't shake hands and made jokes about their players. that is what I heard.

That was a situation where J'ville thought the game would not be played because of the weather and the field was ####. They decided at the last minute to play it so Jacksonville fielded their bench players and their JV travel players and Palestine rubbed it in their faces.

Whitehouse should be favored for this game hands down, but with Buff at Palestine, he'll do anything to pump his team up.

Who ever thought Palestine would've beaten Whitehouse last year? I know it went to shootout, but no one could've predicted that one, especially 15 shooters!

Originally posted by GabeHorns

Whitehouse should be favored for this game hands down, but with Buff at Palestine, he'll do anything to pump his team up.

Who ever thought Palestine would've beaten Whitehouse last year? I know it went to shootout, but no one could've predicted that one, especially 15 shooters!

Well as you can see Palestine already proved that they can play with Whitehouse and that was back when their players weren't as discipline as they are now. I think this game is anyone's game. Paper doesn't matter as Palestine proved against Jacksonville, Whitehouse, Nacogdoches, and PG. I say that Palestine plays an outrageous game and pull out a 2-1 win over 'House.

are you referring to the win against whitehouse last year? because the ppl. from house i talk to say that havent played them yet this year. but if u also wanna talk about thta season then i guess i will also. i think when house went there they proved that it was a ACCIDENT that palestine won there when it went to a million shooters in shootout. i think the final was alot to 0 correct me if im wrong buff

Originally posted by liger123

are you referring to the win against whitehouse last year? because the ppl. from house i talk to say that havent played them yet this year. but if u also wanna talk about thta season then i guess i will also. i think when house went there they proved that it was a ACCIDENT that palestine won there when it went to a million shooters in shootout. i think the final was alot to 0 correct me if im wrong buff

That is one of the problems from last year that they have improved on. They were very inconsistent last year. The 2nd time around they played horrible. Either way you put it this is going to be a good game, it's the playoffs, the past doesn't matter, now it's all about who wants it more.

Originally posted by liger123

I would say we were fortunate at House last year to win but my kids played hard. Yes, at our place I believe it was 4-0 (0-0 half) and House took us to the back of the shed after halftime. That was last year and this is this year. Both teams are better then last year and once again I would think House is favored. Just look at the poll.