Songs that should no longer be played at sports venues.

DaveTV1

1. La Macarena

2. Who Let The Dogs Out

3. Sorry Rangers fans, The Cotton Eyed Joe

4. Y.M.C.A.

5. Anything by K.C. and The Sunshine Band

6. Sorry Rangers fans, The Kid's Are All Right, they're not kids anymore.

7. The introduction to "Car Wash"

8. Any Rap song

9. Pedophile Gary Glitters Rock And Roll, Pt.2, can anyone tell me where Pt. 1 is ?

10. Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye

^ good list. I would include:

2 Unlimited -- "Get Ready for This!"

Tag Team -- "Whoomp! (There It Is)"

M/A/R/R/S -- "Pump Up The Volume"

Technotronic -- "Pump Up the Jam"

:sick:

Originally posted by DaveTV1

can anyone tell me where Pt. 1 is ?

It's the first cut on his 1972 LP entitled, Glitter -- the song actually has lyrics.

On the opposite end of this discussion:

Whomever selects music for Dallas Stars games at the AAC deserves a LOUD round of applause.

I am always impressed by their playlist ............ "Wow! They're playing that? Cool!" :D

The only thing I don't like about the Cotton Eyed Joe at the Ranger games was when they started playing just the first half of it instead of almost the whole thing like they used to. I miss the wild steel guitar solo 2/3's of the way through.........:guitar: (I put in the guitar smiley because they didn't have a steel guitar one).

Originally posted by rubsumdirtonit

Todd Rundgren told me that"Bang The Drum" made his house payments in Hawaii.......so when you hear it.....its making someone some $$$$$!!

I agree with that one too. Put it on the Burn It Pile, don't turn it.

At least he made some money, unlike bands he produced, i.e. Badfinger and The New York Dolls.

I miss when radio stations used to do Burn It or Turn It, the Ticket still does Spin or Spare on occasion. But with all the corporate buyouts of radio stations...

Guest CNOrtega

Do they still play the Pantera "Dallas Stars Theme Song" at Stars games? Not a fan of hockey at all, but even I admit that kicked a little bit of ...

Guest CNOrtega

One day I'll encite a riot on here. Like the time I said they should melt down the Stanley Cup.

On topic now.

I agree with most of DaveTV's choices, but I will argue that the venue dictates the music. There will always be rap songs played at baseball games because that's the culture that is tied in with basketball. Also, I have no problem with the music that comes up with each player when they come to bat or jog to the mound. They picked it, it pumps them up, go get em. I will also contend that the Cotton Eyed Joe needs to stay. It's tradition, and its fun.