Mineola vs. Gilmer

crumbsnatcher

:unsure: Where is poisonutz? He is usually excited about a contest like this one. He must be :crybaby:afraid, very afraid:crybaby: or he would be talking this game up. I pick the Yellowjackets to win this contest. Gilmer is Gilmer, but I think they will get stung by the Orange and White. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Originally posted by goodoleagle

:unsure: Where is poisonutz? He is usually excited about a contest like this one. He must be :crybaby:afraid, very afraid:crybaby: or he would be talking this game up.

Don't worry, I'm here. I'm not afraid, I just haven't been around for a couple of days.

Mineola will, by far, be the toughest opponent Gilmer has faced this year and will go up against their ace. I'm anxious to see this game and hope that it will be as good on the field as it looks to be on paper. I believe Mineola has scored more runs, but Gilmer has given up less. I would talk about our group of seniors, but we don't have a group, only about 2 or 3. But we are filled with juniors that have started since they were freshme so they are experienced already. I hope Gilmer pulls out the win and if their pitching keeps doing what they've been doing, then they definitely have a good chance.

Go get 'em Buckeyes!

I'm for sure driving up for this one. Gilmer, Mineola, and LE are the teams to beat in this region. I know Coach Hector at Gilmer has done a great job with the program there. The kids are pretty much all juniors and they play the game the right way. I've seen Mineola on several occasions and there offense is explosive at times. 1-9 is going to put the ball in play so there are no real certain outs. Their pitching is probably the best in the region and would rival Carthage as having the best staff in the state in 3A. Adams, Martin, Mize, and Watkins all do an incredible job when it becomes their turn in the rotation. The only real question mark that I have when it comes to Mineola is their defense. They tend to make the routine play look not so routine. The Ledkins kid in center is a bright spot on the defensive side. He covers a TON of real estate.

I'm not for sure about Coach Ihler's or Coach Hector's coaching styles, but I would probably expect small ball being played earlier than normal in this game because base runners will be few and far between. Should be a great game.

Mineola 2

Gilmer 1

I'm sorry Broker, but I must disagree. L-E has the best pitching staff in the region in Middlebrooks, Fowler, Dewberry and Wells. Middlebrooks may be best pitcher in 3A in state and Fowler has been dominating. Dewberry doesn't get many opportunities because he's not needed. Carthage is 2-0 against L-E and in my opinion deserves to be No. 1. But they haven't faced Middlebrooks this year and Fowler had them 1-0 when he left after five innings in a 3-1 loss. I've said all seaso long Mineola is a super team, I just thing L-E's pitching has proved itself by winning state last year.