Mineola vs. Gilmer

crumbsnatcher

I beg to differ with you...... Adams does and can throw in the 90's. I've been behind a college scout that clocked him three times at 90 to 92 and a pretty good breaking ball at 78mph. If Adams is on his game all I see is those BUCKS swatting nothing but air.

Dirkscrew, had to make up for all those posts you ever put on here man. Know what I mean?

Leopard, I'm in total agreement with you that Middlebrooks is the best in 3A. I know that he has already signed with A&M and that is very impressive in itself. But as an overall staff, I just have to go with Mineola. I'm not taking anything at all away from the staff at LE though, they are incredible as well. I really hope these teams match up in the Regional Finals.

Leopard, has Will made his intentions known that he wants to go to college to all of the cross checkers or will he consider signing if he is drafted in X Round for X amount of money? Just curious....

Originally posted by texastech10

gilmer will win.. and adams does not throw 90

He was throwing 90 consistently in the Van/Lindale Tournament.....I was watching the UTT scout gunning him for two innings and he was consistent at 90 and hit as high as 94, although the scout said that he didnt believe the 94 reading was accurate

wow what a game Mineola 4 vs Gilmer 3. Tied up going to the last inning. Mineola had bases loaded with one out and Crenshaw hit a high chopper to third and Mineola beat it out to the plate. Great Game. Gilmer scored off a solo homer by the lead off hitter and a 2 run HR in the 5th I believe. Adams went the Distance for Mineola and did a great job down the stretch. The Ledkins kid had an unbelievable game going 4 for 4 with 2 doubles with one being in the bottom of the seventh. Great effort by both teams. Definately two of the best teams in East Texas.

Side Note: Never seen that many fans at a Mineola Game. The place was packed with fans from both teams. Game lived up to billing.

Originally posted by TheNatureBoy16times

I am with Broker and Chilipepper. I see this game being very close with it coming down to who makes the crucial error that causes a run to score. I know that MINEOLA is fired up for this one. I take Mineola 4-3 winning in the bottom of the 7th. This is a game the kids on both teams will remember.

This man was right on that is exactly what happened great call man

Originally posted by TheNatureBoy16times

I am with Broker and Chilipepper. I see this game being very close with it coming down to who makes the crucial error that causes a run to score. I know that MINEOLA is fired up for this one. I take Mineola 4-3 winning in the bottom of the 7th. This is a game the kids on both teams will remember.

So Dirkscrew,

If I am such a coward, moron, idiot, etc..............How could I have predicted that?

You want to know how because I know the kids on that team. They are tough, classy, and talented young men. I respect those kids more than you will ever know. They know what it takes to win and have done it since they were in grade school. Congrats to them and Coach Ihler. Great Job! As for the people that thinks that Mineola is broke and needs fixin..................................tell your story walkin because some people look better going than coming. Good Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a big supporter of Mineola baseball and I will agree with you as well Poisendnutz that Gilmer has a very good team this year. They have a great group of kids that understand the game and play it the right way. Coach Hector is a class act in my book! Can't wait for the second round of district.

They play in Gilmer April 17, weather permitting. Gilmer will have two district games, Spring Hill and Gladewater, at the rematch with Mineola.

D.J. Stanley, one of the sophomores poisonednutz was refering to started the game and took it to the 6th inning. Justin "Cotton" Fielden finished the game. Cotton is now 4-1 after the Mineola loss.

Originally posted by poisonednutz10

Maybe people will see how good this team is/can be like everyone in Gilmer does.

I believe we are starting 6 or 7 juniors and a sophmores, so they still have some time to get better.

I remember playing Texas Teenage baseball about 7 or 8 years ago and playing Gilmer in the State tournament. They were very good then. So seeing them playing well now does not shock me at all...GL