Mineola AD/Football Coach Responds to Complaints...

Smoaky

Crumbsnatcher, there are a lot of personal feelings involved in this thing. And yes, I know what kind of guy you are and I know for a fact you would never do something like that. You are a good man and a leader in the Mineola community. You just have to understand that a lot of people were wrongfully let go from Mineola in the past, good men and women, some coaches, some just volunteers to the program. Of course that is going to create hard feelings when good people are trampled on. All of this comes from a history of this program, not just Coach Wells, but dating back even further. All of these people wanted to see Mineola be successful. For the kids to be successful in the wins column and also be successful after they walked across that stage and into a lot bigger field of competition called life. Some people talk about loyalty to your boss, and I'm all about loyalty, but loyalty is earned. It's when you've spent time together, been through the ups and downs and have a genuine respect for the person that is your boss. I had the opportunity to hear Coach K speak at a conference a while back and he said that on the weekends that his athletes came to his house and his wife made dinner for them. He first showed he cared about them as individuals and everything else fell into place. Or think about Ron Washington, the manager for the Rangers. He flew to every returning starters home in the off season and visited with them and their families for a day. I read an article by Michael Young the other day and the reporter asked him about Ron Washington and Michael responded, "I would run through a wall for him. I might not be able to go through it, but I would do it." That's because he earned their loyalty when he cared enough to go see them in the off season.

Pizzchips, you are exactly right. Every coach that is thinking about applying for this basketball job should read the threads about Mineola. It has a lot to do why I believe they went through 4 coaches before they hired Coach Cooke, and why they are still searching for another one after he finished the season. Bad, bad, bad, mismanagement of people and very unfair to the ones who these guys go to work every day for, the KIDS! :thumbdown:

I love it. Reading this thread is like being there all over again and Why people leave. The coaches that have been their have not been bad coaches and their problems are no different than every other town in East Texas but in Mineola everything becomes high drama. If you never have worked their you don't know what you don't know. I will agree with The coach on that. The last three staffs have come in trying to change things in Mineola and they just do not want to change. Not all but a very loud group of some. That group of some will try to wreck shop and cause hard feelings between staff and sports. It is time to let a lame dog lie.

My name is Preston Rogers

Former assisstant coach at Mineola 2000-2003

Now the Head baseball coach at San Antonio Stevens High School

I wish Coach Wells all the luck in the world. Mineola is tuff place to work.

anyone want to call me a coward now!!!!!

Broker hit it right on the head. This thing is alot bigger than the current AD. This started years ago. I know the truth and I know the 20 or so people who have been bullied and ran roughshod over by the Administration. The current AD had a chance to change a lot of hurt feelings and he didnt do that. It will take a long time for Mineola to heal. And by the way, I do know what I know, I have spent some years there too PR.

Why are people getting hung up over who is saying what behind a screen name. Every single person on here has one.

If what is being said is the truth, it matters not if you know who is saying it. It is either the truth or not. If it is then, deal with it, if it is not the truth, then knowing who is saying it, doesn't make it true or change anything at all. Knowing who is lying or stirring the pot doesn't change anything.

I deal with ignorance everyday of my life, just because someone says something I disagree with I certainly am not going to give them the power to twist me off. If I know they are wrong, what difference does it make.

If everyone on here behaves in the manner you all want, guess what Smokie will dry up and die. Heck, these little squabbles are the best part of it.

Thank you fellow Smoaky.com posters. There are 1000 members on this thing and only a few tell who they are and they think that makes them a MAN. For the first time that I know of has an AD gotten on here and defended himself for HIS program. Believe in yourself Coach...................You are still the same man that led Hooks to all those wins arent you???????????????? Why leave a storied program like Hooks for Mineola? I bet it was because you believe that you can turn Mineola around. Dont let me bring you down when it sounds like you have the lost the swagger that made you a winner at Hooks. By the way congratulations to the Mineola Baseball team on a big win. Great Job to the team, coaches and ok even to the AD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest RRHoochieKoo

Look orange80 I don't have a rooster in this fight . I don't know who's right or wrong in this and personally don't care. I'm well aware of small town feuds. Just seems to me like there are two sets of standards here. Like I said this is my two cents worth and now I've spent all my change.

Dirkscrew, you've been to the games. They are 18-1 because they are absolutely loaded when it comes to pitching and their offense is producing. Coach Ihler is also doing a very good job with these guys. They didn't make the playoffs last year because of errors in the Gladewater game and streaky performances down the stretch.

I am a Mineola graduate and now in the coaching profession (not in Mineola). I have a lot of friends there and they ask me all the time why I don't come back home and coach. I think this entire topic about sums up the reason why!!!