reaching new heights

stevosev7

i have seen many high jumpers in my high school career...i've seen a kid who was about 6'8 jump his own height...a kid who was 6'6 jump over his head at 6'10...but the most amazing jumper i have seen may not get QUITE that high...last year stedman chism of MP finished 2nd in the district meet with a jump of 6'1. this year he has made improvements and hopes to be the district winner...he has already cleared 6'4 this year and looks to get higher...

what makes this feat so much more incredible than the others...is that stedman stands at 5 feet 6 inches. absolutely amazing.

Originally posted by 44stack

Kid from ARP last year was 5'6" and cleared 6'11 at the Winona track meet......and He was on the JV.

I was at that meet last year watching the JV High Jump & I don't remember this. I'm not disputing that it happened, but that's something people would remember.

I would have to see it to believe it.

Originally posted by raider24
Originally posted by 44stack

Kid from ARP last year was 5'6" and cleared 6'11 at the Winona track meet......and He was on the JV.

I was at that meet last year watching the JV High Jump & I don't remember this. I'm not disputing that it happened, but that's something people would remember.

I would have to see it to believe it.

I know alot of the guys at Winona who are close to the track program and have never heard of this. Once again, not disputing, just saying it's seems that would have come up.

I jumped against Toby Edwards of CR and he was pushing 5'8" maybe...and he can jump 7' he jumps for North Texas now but he is really good. I am 5'10" and still cleared 6'6" this past year...it is seemingly the ones that are shorter have the ability...the world record holder jumped like 2 ft over his hieght...granted how tall you are is an advantage or disadvantage...i knew Josh Wheeler of LE could jump almost 7' and he was 6'6" or even taller. He was intemidation to jump against. But it is more intimidating to see him get beat by Toby Edwards...a foot shorter.