Coach Burrow Leaving Crockett

e_t_sports

Not commenting on how great a job the former supt did. Just using the situation to refute your comment that every decision made by Crockett ISD is based on race. That just isn't true. And however Burrow got here, he was a good hire and has done a great job. We can only hope our next AD/FB coach is as good. He has run a well disciplined program, brought in an exciting wide open offense, and by the way, won or tied for district championships the last two years when we were picked to finish 4th.

Originally posted by oldcoach
Originally posted by e_t_sports
Originally posted by Dragline

Every decision made by Crockett I.S.D. is based on race.

You are just plain wrong. Our "white majority" school board hired a black superintendent about 3 years ago. That doesn't sound like a racial decision to me. I also know of two black men who have been elected as president of the school board in the past. We currently have 3 black members serving on our school board. One of them is elected from a "super district" that covers the "white side of town." Crockett is not perfect. Like every other community we have a few prejudiced people (both white and black) but for the vast majority, this is not a problem.

Isn't the black supt. hired at Crockett about three years ago the same guy who recently got fired at North Forest in Houston? A good black head coach in Crockett would do a great job. If you can get Don Hill or Ralph Lymus over at Hearne, that would go a long way to straightening things out.

Did you really suggest Lymus? Surely you jest.

I know this will never happen because it makes too much sense, but what would be wrong with offering the job to the O.C. They would solve two very important dilemma's. #1 They would keep the same system in tact and keep the kids working hard in off season and could do this fairly fast. #2 They could keep Billy Clyde's sister there as the basketball coach and girls coordinator.

Ahhh forget it. It'll never happen it's too logical and too easy. Everybody knows they don't ever do anything easy in Crockett.

I have heard that the Hoffmans were already leaving because she got offered a good job at Koppell. However, our defensive coordinator, Coach Earp, should certainly get some consideration if he's interested. If this thing opens up there should be lots of good applicants. Crockett should be stronger in football next year than last. And they were plenty good last year.

Best of luck to Burrows. He did a heck of a job in Crockett coming in such a mess. Is he planning on taking any of the current coaches with him to Groesbeck? I thought the ex-QB burned his bridges a couple of years ago. It would be a good choice but is it possible?