Who will be at the top in 07

Stinger1

Originally posted by RedCreek49
Originally posted by getusome
Originally posted by Middle
Originally posted by WETSU

Im really not trying to bash on ef or tatum or anyone in this district. I guess you misunderstood. I was just trying to point out that 300 pounds isnt unheard of. yes its good but lots of kids can do it these days.

That might be true, but 300 lbs is a lot different for a skill type kid who's less than 200 lbs than it is for one of the hogs on the line who weights well over 200 (Or 300 in many cases). Body weight/strength ratio is more important than a simple bench weight.

With that said, I'm not so sure about my Ragin' Red this year ... I haven't heard or seen enough to make a judgment, but if Kilgore's past season was any indication of times to come ... well, I guess I'll just have to see.

I saw the Alkar kid from EF at the regional power lifting meet he competed in the 181 lb weight class so I would have to say that pushing over 300 is pretty impressive. LE, Gilmer, Tatum, Atlanta, Longview, all should be pretty solid in 07.

I did not see this post when I made my first post, this brings a different prospective to the subject. I would like to know what position this person playes and what grade he is in.

he is an outside linebacker i think and he runs the ball some if im not mistaking...and he is a jr he's about 5'8 180 pounds and has decent speed from what i have heard...

Originally posted by TXsquad

12-4A Marshal and Kilgore will most likely be at the top with the other teams battling it out for the 3rd playoff spot, w/ the possible dark horse being Henderson pulling off several wins.

Marshall will be better. Kilgore will be worse! They lost what little they had. In case anyone hasn't noticed, the Univeristy of Texas Jr. College of Kilgore High is no more. When was the last time Mack has stopped by? Kilgore just doesn't have all those big time D1 athletes, like they have had in the past. Whitehouse, Marshall, and Nacogdoches will be the top three. Everyone else will battle for fourth.

Originally posted by Stark_2000
Originally posted by RedCreek49
Originally posted by getusome
Originally posted by Middle
Originally posted by WETSU

Im really not trying to bash on ef or tatum or anyone in this district. I guess you misunderstood. I was just trying to point out that 300 pounds isnt unheard of. yes its good but lots of kids can do it these days.

That might be true, but 300 lbs is a lot different for a skill type kid who's less than 200 lbs than it is for one of the hogs on the line who weights well over 200 (Or 300 in many cases). Body weight/strength ratio is more important than a simple bench weight.

With that said, I'm not so sure about my Ragin' Red this year ... I haven't heard or seen enough to make a judgment, but if Kilgore's past season was any indication of times to come ... well, I guess I'll just have to see.

I saw the Alkar kid from EF at the regional power lifting meet he competed in the 181 lb weight class so I would have to say that pushing over 300 is pretty impressive. LE, Gilmer, Tatum, Atlanta, Longview, all should be pretty solid in 07.

I did not see this post when I made my first post, this brings a different prospective to the subject. I would like to know what position this person playes and what grade he is in.

he is an outside linebacker i think and he runs the ball some if im not mistaking...and he is a jr he's about 5'8 180 pounds and has decent speed from what i have heard...

That's good! If he had enough speed he would make a heck of a killer Free Safety. That not saying he's not an impact linebacker, I just think that Safety (both Free and Strong) is a very overlooked position that can make a great impact both in supporting the run and the pass. You can deliver some KILLER hits from that position especially with a little size, weight and strenght! A strong Safety is basically the old "Monster Back" linebacker position and very similar to an outside linebacker. Free Safety is a Roving "Hit Man" seperator! Also, I speak of the Safety position because this guy 's size fits this position bettter at the next level.

Originally posted by hogwash

wetsu, your new stadium, looks nice but, will the vistors side seat over a 100 guest. sounds like we can count on all the bashers to come out of the closets, stinger i think that that are all mad they started baskettball season EARLY.

I can answer that, yes but not much more, better bring your chairs when you come to Waskom, they are building a nice field, but it looks like they are going to limit the seating. Home side will handle most who will come to watch Waskom play unless they start a winning tradition again, but the visitors side is limited.

It is way too early to see a clear cut favorite for all divisions, but I will go with the 5A prediction since that is the division I follow weekly. Longview or Lee will be on top in district with Mesquite making a strong showing as well.

It will be easier to make full predictions when this topic returns in late summer early fall when we get to see some practices and scrimmages.

Dfield has virtually their whole team returning minus 2 defensive starters and 2 offensive starters. Last year was a rebuilding year for them. They also have RB Johnnie Hurndon who is the son of Johniie Hurndon who ran for Dfield in the 80's.

Pewitt is the exact opposite. they lost pretty much everybody

Originally posted by kevnasty

Dfield has virtually their whole team returning minus 2 defensive starters and 2 offensive starters. Last year was a rebuilding year for them. They also have RB Johnnie Hurndon who is the son of Johniie Hurndon who ran for Dfield in the 80's.

D'Field loses at least 5 Off. starters. Had 4 Srs. on off. line and QB.

• 4 weeks later...

2 off and 2 def starters to be exact.

Oh yeah my buddy here beside me, leon, started at left guard last year as a junior and wants to know where his diploma is since you say he graduated already.

On Offense Pewitt lost 4 and on Defense they lost 9. They will be fine. Defense will be made up of quite a few of the Sophomores, who have lost 2 games in 3 years. They are very athletic and very good. Furture is VERY bright in Brahma Land

brahmas cant win in their district running only and no passing. well at least as long as dfield, new boston, and hughes springs remain in their district

Correct if I'm wrong, but haven't they won in that district without passing? I'm pretty sure we were co-champs: beating 3 of the 4 forementioned teams.:whistle: