What do you collect?

Straw

Children, I am at 5 and counting.

And if my wife doesnt fix her attitude, I will probably start a collection of those too! :lol:

Mav, maybe you and Dawg can work out a trade. :p hahaha

• Like 1

I collected football cards. I had a Joe Montana rookie card as my pride and joy of my collection, as well as some Lawerence Taylor cards from that same time frame. The thing that I collected the most as a child though was LEGO sets.

I went to a LEGO store in Nashville and they were selling some of the same vintage sets that I used to have for $1000+!!!

I didn't collect these, but I had basically all of them, were the HE-MAN Masters of the Universe sets. I had Castle Greyskull, all of the characters etc... who would have known those classic toys would have been worth $100s-$1000 too................

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/20/2017 at 4:16 PM, KirtFalcon said:

I collected matchbooks for about 40 years.   I had well over 500 of them at one time from all over the world.   They got "donated" to a "good cause" a few years ago .....

I travel a lot domestically and internationally so I used to try to pick some up for a friend who collected them. It became hard in recent years to score any at all.

51 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

I travel a lot domestically and internationally so I used to try to pick some up for a friend who collected them. It became hard in recent years to score any at all.

Yea you don't see them much any more. They used to be in almost all restaurants, bars and hotels.  Some of them are really unique.  I guess the anti-smoking campaigns had a lot to do with their demise ....

• 3 weeks later...

I used to collect baseball cards, but it's been probably 20 years since I added any. I'm also a big time Trekkie, so I collect anything Star Trek. Also, I love books, especially biographies, history and anything religious. I also have a collection of Army and Coast Guard memorabilia that were my dad's and items my son and son-in-law have given me.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone collecting comic books?  I found a guy.  There is a flea market in Greenwood, La, just across the border, that has a booth called Jeff Comics.  This guy has no less than 10,000 comic books there.  You ask him about one and he gives you a date and issue number without hesitation.