18-AA First Day Results

thepirate

Winona leads after the first day over Jefferson, 56 to 48.5, but Jefferson has alot of kids running in the finals tomorrow. So far, Winona has the following results and regional qualifiers.

Buck Thompson, 1st in Shot Put, 47-10

Blake Orman, 2nd in Shot Put, 45-1.75

Buck Thompson, 1st in Discus, 168-5.5

Donte' Gordan, 2nd in Triple Jump, 42-7

Broderick Meekings, 3rd in Long Jump, 21-7

Edgar Saenz, 3rd in 3200, 11:38

Also, Broderick Meekings, fresh off his victory at the Texas Relays, qualified 1st in the 100 and 200 prelims, with a 10.5 and 21.4, respectively (both hand times).

It all comes down to the relays and the finals tomorrow...Good luck Wildcats and all the districts competitors.

The high jumper was outstanding and will probably make it to state...after that, I am not sure. The triple jumper is good and the mile relay is good (but, I don't think they are as good as Tatum or Arp)...All that said, the district champ Winona will probably be represented in austin as well. The sprinter and the thrower are outstanding and if they perform well at regionals shoud move on to Austin. Also, New Diana's distance kid is excellent and could make it out. 21 AA (I know it's really 19 AA, but not according to the track districts) is definitely loaded and will represent in Austin, but 18 AA should have it's fair share as well. Good luck to all of the athletes in Palestine.