Results of 16-3A track

Dubb

Congratulations to PG, but your note confuses me. The Hawks definitely deserved to be second. Liberty-Eylau only had 8 boys on its varsity team and one of them (LaMichael James) was pretty much running on one leg. L-E tried to get the second place trophy, but had to run James on its 1600 relay team because they didn't have another eligible runner. PG's anchor made up a 40-meter deficit and in frustration and pain James threw the baton and got his team disqualified. I was really impressed with James' effort, but you don't throw the baton.

Oh, by the way, Atlanta's boys scored 282 points and qualified all 3 relays for region. They're better than I thought earlier in the season. I definitely should have known better.

L-E girls edged Atlanta by 2 1/2 points by winning the 1600 relay. L-E had very good times in relays, 47.8 in 400 relay, 1:42.5 in 800 relay and 4:01.8 in 1600 relay. Satera Cooper ran 24.8 in 200.

Atlanta boys were simply awesome. They had 109 points after 3200, which was enough to win meet.