Coaching changes?

POKEY

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is good, they need to lose him. Not that I think someone else can do better but the kids, parents, and fans dislike him very much. Time to move on. You can't win and have a great program when no one respects you. Let's see who they get now. Should be interesting.

Originally posted by catsfan08

Yeah right. In the ville it is all about the players.

But the right coach could change that. The players' attitudes reflect the coach even more than the community over time. Copeland's a really great person; any coach would be privileged to work for him, so the job has some appeal certainly...

That is true their attitude does reflect the coaches but Jville soccer has almost always been that way. They have really good youth programs and club teams. The problem being, alot of those kids are the "star" on that team. It is hard for high school teams to have a couple of "star" players. Other teams scout you and figure out who your go to guy is and then the team has no outlet. I'm only saying the ville is a hard place for coaches to stay because their is a lot of pressure from the parents. Every parent thinks their kid is the "star" and you can't please everyone. When guys can't play as a team, in East Texas, you can't win it alone.

Wow. I am trying to figure out who the star was at Jacksonville this year. We had a bunch of decent players that just never figured out how to play as a team. I think it could have/can be resolved but not without some discipline and trust issues fixed. We'll see what happens because there are no superstars for next year either, just a bunch of decent players that if they can figure out how to play together instead of individually they will be back in the playoffs next year.

I am not necessarily talking about this years team, I mean most Jville teams in general. Jacksonville has a huge youth/club program. They didn't really have a "star" this year, I''m just saying that is what coaches look at when moving to a new school and that is some of tribes problem.

Originally posted by sidestepper
Originally posted by catsfan08

Yeah right. In the ville it is all about the players.

But the right coach could change that. The players' attitudes reflect the coach even more than the community over time. Copeland's a really great person; any coach would be privileged to work for him, so the job has some appeal certainly...

I agree that Copeland is a great person. But, having a great AD behind you doesn't always translate into an ideal situation. There are a lot of other factors that can really chip away at a coaches overall happiness at a school.

Originally posted by ThaDeisel

Its always gonna be difficult to coach in the 'Ville but a coaching change was DEFINITELY NEEDED!!!!!!!! But we'll see what happens!! It might end up not being the coach's fault and just the players, but we will see!

The players fault??????????? Never!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: