COACH OF THE YEAR

QueenHornet

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by soccerdude4life

The District Coach the Year is.....

Coach Farshid of Nacogdoches not P-Towns.

cant you follow a thread. we are talking about regional coach of the year. I would have to say p-towns coach or the brenham coach.

nac got beat in the first round so i dont think so.

For real, no one really cares about district COY anyway. They vote before the playoffs anyway, so almost always the coach of the team that wins the district wins even though I think it should be voted on after the playoffs. I think Abs should win regardless. What he did, with a team like that, he is for sure reg. 3 coach of the year.

Actually the Henderson coach got a vote.

Who really cares about coach of the year. What matters the most is how your kids compete and what kind of run they make. About 95% of the time it goes to the district champion. Every once in awhile you will get a group of coaches that know that the district champ isn't always the best coaching job though. In our district last year the Lindale coach got the coach of the year award. He was the most deserving coach because what he had done with that program.

Originally posted by theoriginalelvis

haha.. when every coach in the district votes for the same guy, he must have done something right. and throwing a game does not constitute good coaching.

The last game of the year and we have already made the playoffs.....who cares. I played three starters, deserving bench players and top JV players (juniors) that I promised varsity playing time when I had the opportunity. You are disgracing them saying they threw the game. Those kids busted their tails to win and were trying to prove something to their coach.

Maybe because those starters rested and healed minor injuries before the playoffs is one reason we made the run we made:thumbsup:

True stories: Now this is throwing a game. Less then a minute to go and this team needs to lose to place differently in the standings. Tie score and the coach instructs his players to take a knee so the other team can score.

Another true story: Coach tells his kids to make it look like score on a corner kick (own goal) and they do. Now that is throwing a game.

Elvis let it rest. Move on with your life;)

By the way......I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT FROM EVERYONE(most everyone...lol). MY KIDS DESERVE ALL THE CREDIT! I AM BLESSED TO COACH A GROUP LIKE THESE GUYS.

Buffy, it must be hard to be humble with all this praise. Just ignore people who want to bring you down. Any time you're successful, jealous people will try to cast shadows on your shining moment.

I personally started a "Conspiracy Theory" thread about your "throwing" a game (it got removed because some people got too worked up over it), but as I had said there, whatever you did--it worked. And it doesn't sound like you threw it anyway. Legitimate reasons for what you did.

Congrats to you and your kids, and you've got my vote for COY!

haha.. when every coach in the district votes for the same guy, he must have done something right

So, first you say that every coach voted for the same guy (the Nac coach), and then you come back in the post right before this one to argue that the other coach who got a vote was from jacksonville? Did you bump your head between posts?:tongue:

Originally posted by SOCCERBUFF

Actually the Henderson coach got a vote.

Who really cares about coach of the year. What matters the most is how your kids compete and what kind of run they make. About 95% of the time it goes to the district champion. Every once in awhile you will get a group of coaches that know that the district champ isn't always the best coaching job though. In our district last year the Lindale coach got the coach of the year award. He was the most deserving coach because what he had done with that program.

same with the PT district last year..PT won district but Farshid got COY

haha.. when every coach in the district votes for the same guy, he must have done something right.

I think it shows that those coaches dont know much doesnt it. why would the Nacogdoches coach vote for the Henderson coach. I guess he was scared he might not get his precious district award. of course they lose in the first round again.

Let me help you Elvis. The other coaches voted for Nac coach but the Pal coach takes his team to state from nothing. To me they picked the wrong guy. Nac lost their first playoff game again. the Nac coach votes for the henderson coach and I am asking why? I guess he chose a coach that he knew wouldn't win the award so he could win his precious COY award.

Get it?:wacko:

okay.. that was a little better, but let me ask you a question.. whats your problem with Nac's coach? obviously he must be doing something right to still have a job after 24 years. and seriously.. do you think he really cares about getting an award? if you knew him you would know otherwise. he got the award not bc how far everyone thought they would go in playoffs, but bc of what he did with what he had.

You are saying that he had less then Buffy had to work with? what are you smokin. palestine was horrible last year and made state this year(of course I think they got lucky). we just get tired of hearing about how the nac coach is "THE MAN". There is alot of good coaches in this area. Nac has almost 1900 kids so give us a break. you need a reality check elvis.

Awards are so over-rated! Who cares who got "Coach of the Year!?" I'm mean sure it's nice to recieve any honor, but I think everyone is placing too much stock in the award.

I think both coaches did a great job with their programs this year and I expect a lot of the same next year!