COACH OF THE YEAR

QueenHornet

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by theoriginalelvis

ha.. thats what i thought. you can talk.. but you can't back it up.

What is there to back up? You are so childish and really need to try hard to mature and get over all your issues. I actually feel sorry for you now elvis and I am sorry if I hurt your feelings.;)

again.. you say im childish yet you cannot produce evidence. maybe you just have low self esteem so you try and point at others..

but yea.. seriously.. what issues do i have? the least you can do is answer ONE of my questions.. you seem to have a problem with avoiding questions.

Its the same district we played in this year and if anything some of the better teams have lost some good players. Palestine WILL be the team to beat. Those boys were just having fun this year. Now they know they can win, they just have to take care of business.

I have to say you are trying to take something away from our accomplishment but we are used to people like you. You could've started a different thread asking this particular question without throwing our name into the hat. I guess people have a hard time believeing a program can turn around this quickly......you gotta believe!! People like you give my team major motivation!! Thank you.

We were 6-14-4 last year and ended up 20-4-5 and won 5 playoff games against very good 4A schools this year. I think we can play a little and I think I can probably coach a little.....that is why we won the region!! Were we a little lucky......yes, but you have to have a little luck to make it to state.

Just to let you know that 7 out of the 16 teams at state weren't district champs.

We have a good district and everything we did this year will mean nothing when district starts. If anything we will have a target on our back. If we don't play well we might not even make the playoffs.

Originally posted by catsfan08

Its the same district we played in this year and if anything some of the better teams have lost some good players. Palestine WILL be the team to beat. Those boys were just having fun this year. Now they know they can win, they just have to take care of business.

Nac is still the team to beat because they have the tradition and they were district champs. Henderson only lost 3 starters and Nac only lost 3 or 4. Jax lost some good seniors but that junior group is just as good as the seniors they lost. Livingston and Center aren't push overs. You better come ready to play or you will be sitting at home come playoff time.

Originally posted by theoriginalelvis

any team can get lucky.. pal will have to rise to the occasion again next year for it to be a turn around... in my opinion.

So I guess you are saying our whole season was lucky? What occasion do we have to rise to next year? Another state run, making the playoffs or just breaking even?

Not trying to be a smart aleck but your comment was a little vague.

I guess I can see that considering how bad Palestine used to be in the past. I have a feeling those days are over though.

I was always told that it doesn't matter how you start but how you finish. I believe that is getting your team to PEEK at the right time. Being able to beat 5 good 4A teams in the playoffs is a good accomplishment when you only have about 915 kids and NO club players.

Next year we may flop and not make the playoffs. We might not win half our games but that will never take anything away from what these kids accomplished this year. There is alot of great athletes and great coaches that will never experience what this group from Palestine did this year.

Oh yeah, the question was about preseason. Well, we played Pleasant Grove (2), Hallsville, Midlothian, Waller, Corsicana, J'ville and Plano.