COACH OF THE YEAR

QueenHornet

First of all, we don't need an excuse.

I don't know off-hand if teams we played in the pre-season ended up being district champs. I was too busy with the playoffs to check all their district results.

And while your concern that our pre-season might not have been stringent enough is touching, rest assured that the end result proves otherwise. We must have been adequately prepared by the time we reached playoffs, or we wouldn't have gone to state. The only reason I can imagine that you would be so inquisitive regarding our pre-season is to call into question the value of our record, a moot point by the time a team has reached the final four.

Now, since this was supposed to be a thread about coach of the year, and the soccer season has been over now for several weeks, my discussion of this topic is over. If anyone has any burning questions, a u2u would be appropriate.

To those of you who have been positive and supportive, thanks one last time.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We played Pleasant Grove twice-won both meetings (unsure of playoff berth)

We played Midlothian and won (They won their district and lost in second round)

We played Waller and won (They advanced to Playoffs and lost in second round)

We played J'ville and won 3 out of 4 (They advanced and lost in first round)

We tied Corsicana at their tourney (did not make playoffs but a very good team)

We lost to 5a Plano in the last 10 min.(they were beaten by Plano West who advanced to State)

Hallsville...well they play in a very good district. They have a good team and a pretty good coach they just didn't get it done. We scrimmaged them and lost 1-0

I don't know where u get off by saying that we need an excuse. If anything we don't need an excuse! I really don't think that people REALLY understand that it is a BIG deal to be a 3a school in a 4a district. It makes all the difference in the world. There is a complete difference in a school with 1800 kids compared to 900. We played some great teams during the preseason and that is the first view we got of our guys where we saw that there could be possibility of a post season. I think we played in some great tournaments and it made our guys play some tougher teams and it really helped us. Don't knock what you don't know.

I am not saying that everyone there is going to have a ton of talent but it is MUCH easier to pick 11 guys to put out there if you are picking out of a bigger pond. I think that in your post you ask which of those teams won their district and out of those 7 preseason teams that we played only 1 won their district and 4 made the playoffs. If you read diesels post he wasn't questioning strength of schedule. You said why should anyone make and excuse just because we are 3a. We DON'T need an excuse that is what I am trying to explain. That is the last thing our boys want. We don't need people to feel sorry for us because our guys are the real deal.

okay, im sorry and im honestly not trying to stir up anything but seriously.. look at the teams you played. the entire district minus a team or two was weak. the teams pal. faced in the playoffs were weak.. with the exception of brenham. yes, palestine did a good job against those teams and yes they do deserve the credit, but seriously.. when matched against better teams they dont stand a chance. so, again im sorry, but i dont think they are the "real deal".

and when you say "a bigger pond" you should educated yourself on the amount of soccer players Nacogdoches has to choose from. the coach there doesnt just throw anyone with legs on the team. he focuses more on helping mold a decent human being rather than winning games.

I don't agree with you that most of the teams we played in the playoffs were "weak" teams. Whitehouse was a very good, senior lead (12 returners from the previous year) team that proved themselves in their district against Athens and Pine Tree. They were very shocked and surprised how well we played. You can ask their coach we just simply beat them. I don't know if you have ever seen Houston Davis play but they are a very fast and aggressive team that is hard to match.

Yes our district is was a little "weak" but after our season last year we were picked to be at the bottom certainly not contending for a district championship. After the first half of district, beating Jville and a tie with Nac we then could see the possiblities the season held.

I know the Nac coach is not going to stick "anyone with legs on the team" but it is simply numbers. The more kids you have the BETTER CHANCE you have of having more soccer players (that is in ANY area).

I understand you are not trying to STIR things up but it gets a little exhausting always having to explain yourself. I mean enough already. We played great soccer, made it to state and oh yeah our coach was COACH OF THE YEAR!!!

Great soccer is playing as a team, communicating, practicing hard, figuring out a game plan (sometimes different ideas for each match) and executing it. We by no means are the most talented team in east texas but our coach is very smart. He has coached many soccer games in his time and has watched many. Sometimes to win you don't always have to be the most talented but scout the opponent know their strengths and weaknesses and play to beat that team.

the loss to willis was a fluke. the shot differencial was 18-2. the dragons completely dominated every aspect of the game except scoring. inexpierence in the forwards was to blame.

So Elvis, based on the above info you are assuring us that Nac's great play pleased you more than if they had squeaked out a sloppy win. Hmm... Can you spell prefabrication?

Originally posted by theoriginalelvis

are you serious? no disrespect to them, but i saw nothing impressive from the game against nac and im sure anyone who was watching would agree. they could barely string more than two passes together in a row.

I was at the game and they strung more then two passes together and once again NACAGDOCHES CHOKED and couldn't get past their first playoff game. You guys are making it a tradition to win district then CHOKE!!!!!!

Originally posted by soccerdude4life

Elvis please drop it! toohot is right. Dont make it a bigger deal than to already is. Next year we will not choke. What is more important District Champs or playoff runs.

I don't think you guys choked at all. I just call it unlucky and that is the way soccer is sometimes. I saw your game against Whitehouse last year and you guys could've won that game also but once again the game can be cruel. I have been on both sides of those games. Farshid will have Nac ready for another run at the title and I hope we can give you guys a run for your money. Doesn't look good for the other teams if you have two move-ins coming because you guys didn't lose alot.