Is Professional Wrestling( WWE or TNA) a sport to you?

Guest bleedsbluengold24

Regardless of how athletic these yay-hoos are, it's not a sport. It's entertainment. Scripted, outcome predetermined.

Let one of these steroid freaks in the ring with Chuck Liddell and see who's the real fighter. Can't even think about comparing the two.

Plus, if it was a sport, someone would be betting on it.

Originally posted by bleedsbluengold24

Regardless of how athletic there yay-hoos are, it's not a sport. It's entertainment. Scripted, outcome predetermined.

Let one of these steroid freaks in the ring with Chuck Liddell and see who's the real fighter. Can't even think about comparing the two.

Plus, if it was a sport, someone would be betting on it.

Are you saying Chucky never hit a roid?

Stone Cold vs Chuck Liddell That would draw a lot of money

I know Ken Shamrock got manhandled backstage by Undertaker. UFC vs Pro Wrestler

Scott Steiner head butted Tank Abbot backstage and Tank walked away not wanting to fight. These were not staged events, but rifts between big egos.

I would not say UFC could dominate pro wrestling.

The only reason I started this discussion was because some of the things they do in the ring is athletic and the competition is obviously sport even though there is a determined winner. I would say that fighting the Great Khali you would not have to wrestle a fast paced match, but try wrestling either of the Hardys, Cena, Michaels, etc and anybody would be gasping for air.

Like Sting said about Ric Flair, " I was wrestling him for twenty minutes and I was gasping for air and Ric was just smiling."

Originally posted by KildogDad

I don't know if pro wrestling is a sport, but wrestlers are athletes.

Best said......I would take prowrestlers over the UFC....it is fixed just like Boxing anyway...only difference between prowrestling is that they come out and say they have writers.....

I think it is a sport but not with out the entertainment tag. They are athletes many of the come from backgrounds of the "real" i.e. Kurt Angle Olympic Gold and The Rock a very good DE for Miami and so on. But, look at it like this figure skaters are athletes (especially that Will Ferell guy now thats a real athlete:rofl:) but is that a sport?? I just think the old moniker that its a guys soap opera fits it best. Don't get me wrong I used to love it but, The Rock leaving really killed it for me. As far as UFC vs WWE well I don't know I would like to think that some of the match ups would be reasonable like maybe a Kurt Angle vs Matt Hughes. Most likely though he would get anihilated. I think the only guy that really had a chance at UFC or Pride to be really good is Goldberg but alas he fizzled out. I tell you one thing though those UFC guys would love a piece of that WWE money. Not to mention endorsements and movie opportunities.

Originally posted by chilipepper3

Best said......I would take prowrestlers over the UFC....it is fixed just like Boxing anyway...only difference between prowrestling is that they come out and say they have writers.....

UFC fixed?? The biggest hyped UFC fighter in a long time got knocked smooth out in the first round last Saturday. Krokop, after getting pounded for most of the first round finally got back to his feet only to be sent to lala land with a kick to the head. From a marketing and $$ aspect, that was the last thing that the UFC needed out of that fight. That one definitely was not fixed.

krokop getting beaten could've been the result of big bets going the other way. don't know. as far as the wrestling thing goes, i do think that many of those guys are very athletic to pull off some of those moves in/out of the ring. i do not consider it a sport however. that being said i'd rather watch it than golf or bowling

Originally posted by threejs
Originally posted by chilipepper3

UFC fixed?? The biggest hyped UFC fighter in a long time got knocked smooth out in the first round last Saturday. Krokop, after getting pounded for most of the first round finally got back to his feet only to be sent to lala land with a kick to the head. From a marketing and $$ aspect, that was the last thing that the UFC needed out of that fight. That one definitely was not fixed.

I think threejs meant boxing, not UFC.

Originally posted by texastech10

pro wrestling is not a sport.. all they are is a bunch of "STUNT MEN", "ACTING" like there fighting.. its not even comparable with the UFC..

Just don't tell me that when they are getting smacked upside the head with a steel chair.............some acting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I quit watching wrasslin' when I was 12. It's not a real sport. I suppose if you enjoy the entertainment value, great go for it. I would never be caught defending it for more than what it is. I do still have a Program smeared with the blood of "Killer" Karl Kox. But watching Ted Dibiase/"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan/Mr. Olympia and their antics, it was time to find a more worthwhile hobby.

Guest texpal22

it's a soap opera. if you don't watch it every week you won't know what's going on.

and that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so :thumbsup: