Is Professional Wrestling( WWE or TNA) a sport to you?

Surely no one in their right mind actually thinks it's a real competition.

Are they athletes, duh. Is it a sport? No. Like people have said countless times, it's entertainment. If you really think "someone cheated" to win the belt, you have issues that are better dealt with somewhere other than Smoaky.com

Speaking of which, I went out with a "female college athlete" over 20 years ago. She almost killed me when I, out of politeness, skipped over Channel 11 at 10:30 on a Saturday night. I think she went for the butcher knife when I commented that I had worked out that day with a guy who left the gym to go "rehearse" the match he had coming up that weekend. Needless to say, that was a last date. I believe she is now in public education.

I actually watch wrestling when i get a chance, it is sports entertainment and those guys are very athletic. But u guys that r calling it a bunch of steroid freaks, thats in everything now, including the ufc so i dont get why all of a sudden the wreslers are all supposely on steroids, but anyways just a opinion. There are several guys in the wwe who could hang in the ring with ufc guys.

• 10 months later...

when i was 7 or 8 i thought it was a sport. then I grew up.

i watch occasionally for entertainment. i can predict who will win every match. except the occainsional PPV match. ( which I wouldn't pay hard earned $$ to watch)

Here's how it works.

****if there's a guy in the ring with no intro music, no flashy jacket, or gimmick, and he's from the town the show is in. He will Lose.

****if a guy has a sidekick by the ring, he will win by cheating somehow.

****if the guy is a champion(with a belt) he will win or the other guy will be DQ.

****if the referee is knocked out, the good guy will pin the bad guy only to have a reversal of fortune. when he attempts to rouse the ref, he'll be attacked from the behind by the bad guy (or bad guy's accomplice) Suddenly the ref awakens to count the pinfall, bad guy wins...crowd boos!