What players in the area are going to the next level??

Jacket10

Originally posted by soccerwatcher

for thaScout about #12 at Jville:

It think it is a private school. He has gone back this week to see if they can work out some type of academic scholarship to make it feasible for him to go there. Might know more next week.

whats his name?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by catatonia_soccer

I believe it's a 4 year program. UT is a top program, when I was there they were undefeated, but due to probation period could not go to the playoffs. Jones difintely knows what he is doing.

I really doubt that you coached there before. You might have come out and watched and helped a little. I thought you were just a JVB coach anyway? Why aren't you still doing college then?

it was a great gig, and I learned much from him. but as far as just being a JVB coach, I'm new to high school coaching, my daughter is a SO at PHS, and Coach Ab offered me a position to help by working with the B team. One day I may get a shot at a head coaching position or maybe back to a college, but I need more experience in the HS level before I would probably even be considered.

Originally posted by soccerwatcher

Chris Green...he plays with James Gray so you might know who he is.

yea i know him...hes good...hes a fun player to watch...he brings a lot of drama into the game and really #### some other players off

Originally posted by catatonia_soccer

It was an intern coaching position, no pay, I had a family to support. I worked with the keepers. That was also a brand new program and they didn't hire any assistant coaches, I'm not sure he has one now.

Sorry catatonia soccer I do believe the GIG is up. Not to sure why you would lie about all that but I talked to Kenny Jones (today) myself and he doesn't even know you. Says he believes you might have been watching some camps but in no way did you ever help in a training session or any help with camps. In no capacity did you ever help the UTT Mens Soccer program. Never were you working as an intern coach. Busted buddy. You should be ashamed of yourself.

See I told ya catatonia. I didn't think that you had coached at UT tyler. U have caught yourself in another fib. It just doesn't make any sense why you would say you did. Most people that go coach at a college would never go back to coaching high school kids. I just don't think you have enough experience or knowledge to be a head coach. Just stick to coaching the peewee teams, that is probably more your style. You will need to learn much more before you could have your own team. Keep trying.

Originally posted by ThaScout

oh yeah and catatonia i think ur busted!!!

He was offered a partial scholarship is what I heard and he still wants to try out for UTT. I heard he loved it up there but anyone would probably rather be closer to home. This is all second hand but I feel it was a very good source.

Originally posted by POKEY

Sorry catatonia soccer I do believe the GIG is up. Not to sure why you would lie about all that but I talked to Kenny Jones (today) myself and he doesn't even know you.

First off you I don't believe you even know my name. second I know he knows me it was the first season, I wanted to try out for the team, but i had to many years in college. I asked him if I could study under him, he said yes. I left half way through the season to go to england on business. so pokey get a clue and stop trying to start #### on the board.

I saw him at the longview tournament during the preseason and we talked for about 5 or 10 min. He congratulated me on making to high school soccer coaching.

Originally posted by catsfan08

See I told ya catatonia. I didn't think that you had coached at UT tyler. U have caught yourself in another fib. It just doesn't make any sense why you would say you did. Most people that go coach at a college would never go back to coaching high school kids. I just don't think you have enough experience or knowledge to be a head coach. Just stick to coaching the peewee teams, that is probably more your style. You will need to learn much more before you could have your own team. Keep trying.

First off what earlier fib are you talking about. Why would I make up a story like that when you could easily check up on that. I'm not stupid. As far as why someone would leave a college team for high school why don't you ask Cooksey? He was a coach at SHSU and left for the job here in Palestine. Who are you that has such a vast knowledge of coaching? Answer that, will you. I never said that I was going for a head coaching position. I'll be the first to admit I don't have the knowledge of high school soccer and its politics to be a head coach. If I was going to apply for a head coaching position I would have applied to j'ville.

You don't have to worry about J'ville. You said you worked at Palestine in a post a long time ago so it isn't hard to ask a few questions and find out who you are or what you didn't do. I have no reason to stir anything up but I don't like people making themselves out to being someone else. Enough said.

He was offered a partial scholarship is what I heard and he still wants to try out for UTT. I heard he loved it up there but anyone would probably rather be closer to home. This is all second hand but I feel it was a very good source.

u speak as though u know this player. did you coach him?