...latest aggsy decommit just commited to texas...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ramsn03

I had a feeling when I saw he decommitted. Welcome aboard Dravannti, another DJ perhaps, hard to live up to what the 1st what did though.

He's good, but not quite that good.

Kinda funny since he has a known distaste for tu fans.

Heard rumors that he verballed over the weekend. Don't know what inspired his actions, but I know MB is going hard after 2 out of state LB propects Lynn Katoa, Utah and John Major, Colorado. Don't know if that will change anything there. Mack may get all 3 of them. Guess DJ figured if he wanted to wear burnt orange he better get going.

Originally posted by LJLPOP10

I had a feeling when I saw he decommitted. Welcome aboard Dravannti, another DJ perhaps, hard to live up to what the 1st what did though.

...well he was the ags best recruit...must like ut fans ok to come here...or maybe he just wanted to play for a winner...:zorro:

Originally posted by SmokieCrabtree

...well he was the ags best recruit...must like ut fans ok to come here...or maybe he just wanted to play for a winner...:zorro:

Or it could be that he said he doesn't really fit into the 4-2-5.

Guest bleedsbluengold24
Originally posted by Immortal13
Originally posted by Aggie2008

He said he didn't want to play in a 4-2-5...I'm sure Mack had something to do with that.

????

If I'm a coach who wants a kid on my team, I'm going to say whatever I have to say to convince him I have the scheme that best fits his talents, and tell him all the reasons why he won't fit in other schemes.

Originally posted by bleedsbluengold24

He said he didn't want to play in a 4-2-5...I'm sure Mack had something to do with that.

????

If I'm a coach who wants a kid on my team, I'm going to say whatever I have to say to convince him I have the scheme that best fits his talents, and tell him all the reasons other scheme are bad for him.

...if i am a coach that wants a kid...i am going to say do you really want to play for fran?...:zorro:

...must be the reason all those others decommited as well...:zorro:

No, but I can give you the reasons why they did.

1) Aundre Dean- He didn't feel that he fit into the A&M offense. The option doesn't really fit his runniing style. He's an up the gut kind of runner. Plus the California aspect really interested him.

2) Britt Mitchell- Small town guy that just jumped at the first offer he had. It sounds like he was an OU fan growing up, and that at the time he was just really excited about getting an offer from a major program.

3) Damian Square- Miami came calling. Square's uncle played for Miami a few years ago and Damian pretty much grew up around the program. He likes A&M, but as he said "Miami is just in my heart."

4) Leroy Chevalier- He is still very high on A&M and it wouldn't surprise me to see him commit back to A&M. However, he wanted to take other trips and said he did not want to sneak around of the A&M staff. He very well might end up with Square at Miami. Both are students at Houston Yates right now.

5) Dravannti Johnson- He had issues with the 4-2-5 and he grew up liking Texas. He does have issues with the tu fan base in general, but in the end that's where he wanted to be.

Originally posted by bleedsbluengold24

????

If I'm a coach who wants a kid on my team, I'm going to say whatever I have to say to convince him I have the scheme that best fits his talents, and tell him all the reasons other scheme are bad for him.

...if i am a coach that wants a kid...i am going to say do you really want to play for fran?...:zorro:

That's the difference in you and Mack Brown. He has class. He might suggest something like DJ's issues with the 4-2-5, but he wouldn't ever attack a fellow coach like that.

I'm sure DJ had his own issues with the 4-2-5 all by himself. I seriously doubt Mack Brown has been talking to him about something like that. UT has two of the top LB's in the nation in Katoa and Major that are likely to sign with UT. If you have proof that Mack is resorting to these types of tactics, then prove it. Otherwise...........you're just making yourself look like a fool.

...must be the reason all those others decommited as well...:zorro:

No, but I can give you the reasons why they did.

1) Aundre Dean- He didn't feel that he fit into the A&M offense. The option doesn't really fit his runniing style. He's an up the gut kind of runner. Plus the California aspect really interested him.

2) Britt Mitchell- Small town guy that just jumped at the first offer he had. It sounds like he was an OU fan growing up, and that at the time he was just really excited about getting an offer from a major program.

3) Damian Square- Miami came calling. Square's uncle played for Miami a few years ago and Damian pretty much grew up around the program. He likes A&M, but as he said "Miami is just in my heart."

4) Leroy Chevalier- He is still very high on A&M and it wouldn't surprise me to see him commit back to A&M. However, he wanted to take other trips and said he did not want to sneak around of the A&M staff. He very well might end up with Square at Miami. Both are students at Houston Yates right now.

5) Dravannti Johnson- He had issues with the 4-2-5 and he grew up liking Texas. He does have issues with the tu fan base in general, but in the end that's where he wanted to be.

...or they all just wanted to play for a winner...:zorro: