...latest aggsy decommit just commited to texas...

Admit what, that Mack Brown recruited the best college football player ever, who led the Texas offense to a National Championship? I'll admit that, but I get sick of hearing people say Vince was the reason Texas won. Yes, he did win the OK State game and had an amazing last drive against USC, but that defense was something special in 2005. Vince didn't have to do everything with his legs that year either. He had Charles and RT, and an amazing group of recievers.

Can you admit that as long as Mack Brown and Stoops are in the Big 12, A&M will NOT contend for a National Championship?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by LP 78

"Can you admit that as long as Mack Brown and Stoops are in the Big 12, A&M will NOT contend for a National Championship?"

Agree with you.

I believe the Aggies coaching staff has a bit more to do with their chances of contending than the folks you have mentioned. And currently that is an issue. Your thought process is a bit puzzling. Sure, great coaching staff's effect confrence opponents, but not to the degree you are suggesting. Put a great staff together for the Aggies, or any Big 12 team for that matter, and they can compete for the NC.

Originally posted by scrott752

"Can you admit that as long as Mack Brown and Stoops are in the Big 12, A&M will NOT contend for a National Championship?"

Agree with you.

I believe the Aggies coaching staff has a bit more to do with their chances of contending than the folks you have mentioned. And currently that is an issue. Your thought process is a bit puzzling. Sure, great coaching staff's effect confrence opponents, but not to the degree you are suggesting. Put a great staff together for the Aggies, or any Big 12 team for that matter, and they can compete for the NC.

...nope...ags have had great staffs before and couldnt contend for a nc...:zorro:

Agree with you.

"any Big 12 team" huh? Dude whatever you're smoking I'd like some.

Hold on there brother. Be carfull what you say. As much as you guys dry hump Mack Brown I have to believe Mack could win NC's at Baylor if he chose to. That is the point I am making. If you have a great staff it does not matter so much who is on the other sideline.

Hold on there brother. Be carfull what you say. As much as you guys dry hump Mack Brown I have to believe Mack could win NC's at Baylor if he chose to. That is the point I am making. If you have a great staff it does not matter so much who is on the other sideline.

...you have no clue do you?... mack brown couldnt win a nc at baylor...nor could urban meyer or any coach...they cant recruit the same caliber kids...private school...academic standards...lots of reasons....as stated before a&m has had some very good staffs and still cant win a nc...mack is a great coach at a great university...that adds up to a nc....maybe one day your school can at least get to a bcs bowl much less a nc...:whome::zorro:

Originally posted by SmokieCrabtree

...you have no clue do you?... mack brown couldnt win a nc at baylor...nor could urban meyer or any coach...they cant recruit the same caliber kids...private school...academic standards...lots of reasons....as stated before a&m has had some very good staffs and still cant win a nc...mack is a great coach at a great university...that adds up to a nc....maybe one day your school can at least get to a bcs bowl much less a nc...:whome::zorro:

A&M has been to a BCS bowl. 1998 sugar bowl. Which if im not mistaken is only one less BCS bowl than texas. Also, A&M played in a better bowl this last year. I know we got hammered, but we still played in a better caliber bowl than texas.

Oh the contradiction......Not to mention the lack of knowledge as F4L has pointed out.

...contradiction?...you kidding?...i am talking about gettin to a bcs bowl more than once every ten years...and you cant even dream of playing for a nc...it kills you guys that ut has just recently won a nc and 4 total...yall can always dream...it just wont come true....scrott...you and your boys lack the knowledge or hardware to compete with me and my alma mater...nice try though...:whome::zorro:

SmokieCrabCrap, get over yourself man. It's freaking Tsips like you that give your school a bad name. Hats off to winning the NC out right 2 years ago. 1969 was the last time outright. It was just a couple of years ago you guys wanted Mac's head & were upset about the beatings OU put on you. Good win against Michigan, but other that that nothing much to brag about. Well maybe cry about what bowel game your in.

A&M is not close to UT. But with the right coach & staff could be imo. Let's see where UT is after a few more years & see if their still one of the big dogs. This past year they weren't. How the heck did A&M & KS beat UT last year? No excuse in those two losses

2000 to 2006 - Texas is 75-14

1998 to 2006 - Texas is 93-22

Only 93 Wins to talk about. If I am not mistaken Texas has the 2nd highest winning percentage in this decade.

SmokieCrabtree may go over the top, but the Crotch Grabbers have their fair share of fans that reinforce a negative image of Aggies.

Originally posted by bordertown

2000 to 2006 - Texas is 75-14

1998 to 2006 - Texas is 93-22

Only 93 Wins to talk about. If I am not mistaken Texas has the 2nd highest winning percentage in this decade.

So with that winning percentage UT has how many Big 12 Championships? With 1 NC from 1998-2006. Don't get me wrong. UT has a good program. I guess since the Championships aren't settled on the field & we have to live by rankings & the BCS. I would expect more championships if my team was #2 in winning percentage nationally.

A&M is Frantastic.:thumbdown:

Crotch grabbers, Does this make you deel better?

This will:w00t:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaHeVmgyWdQ...related&search=