Vince Young to be "cover-boy" for Madden 08

While Vince Young is my favorite pro quarterback and a very exciting player to watch, has he earned the prestige I guess it takes to grace the cover? Shouldnt a more accomplished player be on the cover? Say Ladainian Tomlinson? Who not only had a historic year but also was a model citizen...But I know that in the end Madden is a business and an exciting player like VY would definately sell many games...is this right?

I thik most would agree with you. I certainly was thinking the same thing. But, VY is a household name. If you look at jersey sales etc. I bet he is pretty high. That is what really counts in this situatuion. Clearly he is an unbelievable talent. I would have to assume probably the least "proven" athelete to have the cover. However, if LT turned them down then VY is a pretty good option. Peyton, and his massive SB ring, would have been my first choice.

Originally posted by BoBellCrew

As good as Manning is he doesn't have the street cred to sell games. He already sells everything else anyway.

He certainly does not need it we agree on that. However Peyton Manning could carry that game as well as anyone in the league. By street cred I assume you mean the hip-hop consumers? I would disagree, people love this game no matter what persona the cover winner has a reputation for. As long as it is not someone who brings a moral issue to the table that would cause one to say "I wont buy this because OJ is a murderer and I dont want to support his questionable motivations" for example. All gamers would buy it. Say you put Morten Anderson on the cover? The game still sells. Especially with the D. Hester 100 speed thing. You could put Denny Green on the cover and this thing would sell.:yay:

Let's be honest, regardless of who is on the cover (unless its someone like OJ or Bin Laden) the game is going to sell---how many people do you know that aren't going to buy the game because Vince is on the cover? I know of zero, and its not because everyone loves VY, its because everyone loves MADDEN, its the best sports game out there, and people will continue to buy it, no matter who they put on the cover...

Originally posted by Seminole44

Let's be honest, regardless of who is on the cover (unless its someone like OJ or Bin Laden) the game is going to sell---how many people do you know that aren't going to buy the game because Vince is on the cover? I know of zero, and its not because everyone loves VY, its because everyone loves MADDEN, its the best sports game out there, and people will continue to buy it, no matter who they put on the cover...

Agreed.

Originally posted by RatKing

If you look at the sales records madden has dropped in sales every year since 2003....so maybe they need to worry about more than the cover boy

Probably because it cost $50; the prices of games are ridiculous, especially EA games---but until there are better alternatives the price isn't coming down....