Diana vs. Harleton Game 3

wildforthecats

Well sounds like it was a great game. Congradulation to Harleton. I am really upset with the people in Diana though. I said earlier before the season started that ND might not be as good as some people were saying they were. I got blasted and was told that the Eagles were going all the way. All I know was that I said that ND did not hit well enough and I was told that they had the pitching to shut down anyone they played. Well after I took all the bashing the people gave me I went ahead and made my reservations in Austin because as I understood from everyone there was no use in even playing the district games because ND was going to win it hands down. Well I have to call and cancel my reservations now. But good luck to the Eagles the rest of the season, maybe they can still get to Austin but I'm not going to chance it. I'm still going to cancel the trip to Austin.

sorry.. if anyone saw the earlier post.. someone got on my name again.. well anyways.. it was a tough game tonight.. and crewcut you know that people on here get on all the time and talk up their teams and how good they are going to be.. why is it that you pick Diana out of the bunch to single out about it? Is there anything wrong with them talking up their team a little? certainly not (seeing as how most people on smoaky do).. however there is something wrong with a man with nothing better to do than be sarcastic to those students and their parents on a high school sports forum...

well anyways.. good game to both teams tonight, they both played their hearts out..

B2, hey there is nothing wrong with talking up your team and being proud of them. I was simply stating earlier in the year my opinion. I did not run any child or parent down in any way. You need to read my earlier post. When someone is saying how good they will be and somebody else disagrees how is that running them down. I know there are people in every town that are proud of there teams and so am I, but some people get on here and act as though they are the only ones that know anything about the game. I simply stated earlier in the year that ND simply does not hit the ball well enough to go all the way as Redbarron had stated. I know the 2 pitchers ND have are good but pitching will only carry you so far. I also stated earlier that if the Eagles won it all I would be the first one to tip my hat to them. IMO they were not a very good hitting team and in the long run I felt that would come back to haunt them. Now if there is anything wrong with what I have said then maybe you don't have anything better to do then look for something to complain about.

Hey y'all, give crewcut a break. His prediction that ND was overrated was earlier in the season and there is nothing at all wrong with what he said. I personally don't remember the post verbatim, but that kind of statement is very general and certainly doesn't fall into the realm of trash talking. Only ND fans would have been offended by it. I'm not a fan, per se, of either team. Just a general observer of all ET teams, so from an impartial perspective I'd say folks are overracting. I don't believe he singled out ND out, I think he gave his opinion that they may not be the team everyone thinks they will be and he got tore up over it. Now, with ND taking second-seed (co-champions, but second-seed for playoff purposes) I think he's letting everyone who dogged him earlier know that he wasn't so far off base (or doesn't think he was).

Having said that, I think ND did a fantastic job. Not to mention the negative attention brought to the team earlier with the coaching bruhaha. Still, they prevailed and finished as co-champions with a very tough, perennial playoff team. I think the team showed character, heart and determination. All good qualities in the playoffs and I expect they will do well. But (and this is big but, because I HAVE a big butt), I wouldn't be packing for Austin just yet either.

Good luck to both teams ... do ET proud!

ok.. first off crewcut you ask how is that running them down? I never said you were.. check my post, I have been a viewer of these forums for quite some time and it just seems like everytime something about Diana is on here you have to make a negative or sarcastic comment towards Diana. I am sorry if I offended you... also I agree that New Diana has a fairly good hitting ball club this year.. but it is just like every year though.. they have trouble getting them at the right times, and you are right pitching can only get you so far. So if they don't get timely hits, then the playoffs will be short.

But crewcut, you are right. There are some people on here that like to count their chickens before they have hatched, and I can understand you wanting to get at them a little. Just realize that people read these forums and get upset because they see a post like your last one. It just #### that those people have to get upset over a few peoples big heads. (Frankly though, I find this all amusing...)

Oh and also, I don't complain on here, check any of my other posts, but if I did I wouldn't have to go looking for stuff to complain about.. you do a good job of providing me with that.. :)

P.S. Good Game to both teams again.. the series that these two teams have played this year has made for some exciting baseball..

Thank you Mlady, you seem to be mature enough to understand what I have been saying. Hey my hat is off to ND because they did do better than I thought they would. As I stated early in the year I did not think they would be as good as they were. B2 if I upset you then so be it. You can make some of the people happy sometime, but noone will ever make all the people happy all the time.

Sackem, I don't think you will see a ND vs Harleton again this year. Hooks and Hughes Springs will probally be doing that. These two are going to be hard to beat. I know that HS has already beat Harleton this year in a tourn. I know it was early and Harleton has gotten better but so has HS, and I believe that Hooks and HS have split a pair this year so the road could bet a little bumpy for ND and Harleton.