Dolphins take Ginn over Quinn at #9

WOW...someone is going to get a steal in Quinn...and guys, he could fall all the way to Dallas.

The Dolphins took an undersized, unpolished, yet fast reciever over a guy that has the potential to be a franchise QB...what were the thinking???? Do they not realize they don't have a QB?

Aggie2008, I agree 100%. Ginn is overrated and undersized. I just don't think he'll be a standout at the NFL level. I don't really think the boys need Quinn, I certainly was hoping they wouldn't draft TGJr. They need Oline help and Dline help (passrusher). Actually, the cowboys have many needs, just not at qb IMO

If I were a fan of Miami, I'd be excited we landed Beck :yay:

Of course, I would be flogging the nearest stuffed dolphin over drafting Ginn that high. If they liked him that much, they still could have traded down to do it, and used Quinn the way the Cowboys did.

Personally I think the Dolphins could have traded down to get Ginn and got something useful in the draft to go along with him. That is a too high IMO to have gotten him. I do believe Quinn will be a good QB in years to come also. May take him a couple of years to get going but he can be an above average QB.

Empirical evidence suggests (although by no means definitive) that by projecting a quarterback's starts and completion percentage (46 starts at 58%) in college, it would seem Quinn could turn into a decent starter (though not a star).

On the flip side, DeMarcus Russell managed 36 starts, dangerously close to the edge of other busts in recent years.

not sure but i think in the nine games there was a kickoff returned for a touchdown...the team that returned that kick lost.....not to say field position doesnt matter...but drafting Ginn that high just doesnt make sense.

I personally thought that Ginn would be alright in Miami and I still would of went for him.

Miami wanted an extra reciever and isn't Trent Green still available. Take him for a year and then draft a QB in the 1st round.

Ginn is undersized but he gives me flashes of another Steve Smith, undersized but quick enough to have to have help on defense. I thought it was a great pick.