De La Hoya VS Mayweather

GoGetta23

• 2 weeks later...

No it was a good fight... and this business about Mayweather running!? He fought the fight a smaller guy had to fight to win!

AND HE WON! POUND FOR POUND BEST FIGHTER IN THE WORLD.

De La Hoya shouldn't have even won the card he did - he was just flailing... look at the compubox numbers.

From ESPN.com:

Ringside punching stats favored Mayweather heavily, crediting him with landing 207 of 481 punches to 122 of 587 for De La Hoya. Mayweather also landed more power punches than De La Hoya, outscoring him 138-82.

That one.

I know De La Hoya pushed the action, but most of the time he was just throwing wild punches... a bunch of the punches he landed were the ones to the body while they were clinched. He also got away with at least two low blows and was warned about his elbows.

Me just thinks nobody likes Pretty Boy Floyd.

This fight wasn't close.Mayweather outclassed De La Hoya,.He landed the bigger blows,the only reason some people think De La Hoya won is,because the crowd went wild when he landed even one punch.I counted a few times when Oscar went 2 minutes without hitting Floyd.

A) If you thought it was a bad fight, you probably aren't a boxing fan. I thought it was a great fight. Mayweather proved again that he has the best defense in boxing. A boxing match doesn't have to have both guys standing toe-to-toe slugging it out for it to be a great fight.

B) If you thought Oscar won, you wasted your money because you really don't know much about boxing. Just because you THROW a lot of punches doesn't mean you LAND a lot of punches. I just watched the fight for the second time, and both times you can see that almost every punch the crowd goes wild on were blocked or ducked.

C) When a fighter throws less punches than his opponent but lands more punches, there is no credible argument that said fighter should ever lose said fight. Not only did he land a much greater percentage (about 2-1) he landed more punches. I'm pretty sure someone else put the stats up. If you disagree with the numbers provided, go back and watch the fight yourself and honestly think about how many punches actually hit Mayweather. If you look at it without any bias, you will realize that Mayweather won the fight atleast 7-5, but more like 8-4.

Guest bleedsbluengold24
Originally posted by BoBellCrew

Me just thinks nobody likes Pretty Boy Floyd.

Brutha git no respect.