Hughes Springs vs Quitman

Never count Coach Hardy out boys. He must have won his flip. He has a stud on the mound and the kids will believe. He has upset people before and he will do it again. (Mineola 1, Dangerfield 0 2002 D-field goes to state the next year.)

Originally posted by PR18

Never count Coach Hardy out boys. He must have won his flip. He has a stud on the mound and the kids will believe. He has upset people before and he will do it again. (Mineola 1, Dangerfield 0 2002 D-field goes to state the next year.)

Never count this man out. He is a tremendous coach that has the ability to get the most out of his kids. BTW, that Dangerfield game was one heck of a ball game.

its gonna be a tough game, and if Quitman comes out and play like they can it should be a great game... Hughes Springs is a very good team as well... i believe it will be a pitchers duel in this one low scoring as long as neither team gives up costly errors...

Hughes Springs has several kids that can throw...when we played them we faced Mckinney one game and Teel the second game. Both of them are great. I think Mckinney can throw in the low 90's and Teel throws in the 88's....Teel is 10-0 and Mckinney is 9-1...pretty impressive in that district

ok... i hope i get to see a gun on on Mckinney for a couple of innings so i can see this 90's... i bet he throws mid to high 80's... how fast a kid can throw tends to be a little exagerrated in high school baseball... and im not saying that he cant throw 90 plus i would just like to see it...

Originally posted by jackuup8

ok... i hope i get to see a gun on on Mckinney for a couple of innings so i can see this 90's... i bet he throws mid to high 80's... how fast a kid can throw tends to be a little exagerrated in high school baseball... and im not saying that he cant throw 90 plus i would just like to see it...

I agree that velocity is exaggerated in High School a whole lot. Trust me, Mckinney throws in the 90's, not hits 90. Having said that, he may not even pitch Friday. It should be a good game.

Originally posted by Cowboys4Life11

Hughes Springs is returning 6 starters from the 35-1 State Finalist team last year

You have to remember though: Caperton, Shelton, and Royal were a HUGE impact on that team last year... Dont think im trying to say Hughes Springs arnt good, because i know they will be...