Sabine AD/HFC leaving for Kemp

sports r us

Originally posted by sports r us

Sabine AD/HFC Coach Anderson is leaving for Kemp. I am not sure what position he is taking there. Sabine will be hiring yet again!!!!

Doesnt surprise me. Have known Coach Anderson for a long time and to be honest cant believe he took the job in the first place. That was a no win situation.

Originally posted by TheNatureBoy16times

Why cant Sabine get somebody to stay? I have always wondered about the situation there.

All you have to do is look at their in football over the past several years and that will answer your question. Not knocking the program, but it has been sub-par for a long time.

i wish coach anderson great success in kemp and i hope sabine finds the right fit for them as well. anderson inheriting a great baseball, basketball, golf situation in kemp find a good football person and the skys the limit

Originally posted by EastTexATC
Originally posted by TheNatureBoy16times

Why cant Sabine get somebody to stay? I have always wondered about the situation there.

You could ask the same question about Kemp...

This is Kemp's 3rd AD in 4 years. Hopefully Coach Anderson is a good AD and will stay and make the program stronger. Basketball and Baseball in Kemp is already pretty tough, but football has a lot to gain. Hopefully he turns the football program also.

My brother- in-law played at sabine up until he graduated in 2005 as the qb/wr and he has told me some stories about that program. It is a mess there and you can only hope they eventually find somebody who can turn that program around, but i wouldnt count on it anytime soon.

Not sure if you can do worse than 0-10 record wise next year but if it is possible to be worse Sabine just found a way. My daughter will have had 3 AD's in 4 years. So many kids were already not playing football next year as it was. I almost think Sabine would be better off without football. At least we could concentrate on the sports we have a chance at. My question is: If Coach had been fired after only 2 years everyone would be up in arms (He didn't get a chance, blah blah) but let him take what most people consider a lateral job and leave while supposively rebuilding and no one says a word. Why does he get a free pass? I think our athletes deserve better!!!

Guest Bear_Den

No matter who Sabine gets as an Athletic Director, I dont think they will ever be successful at the 3A level.

Originally posted by sports r us

Along with 3 Basketball coaches in 4 years (Sure wish it was 4 in 4 though).

funny - i thought when i started to read this thread that it was about the AD leaving Sabine... guess people have to get there snide remarks in somehow...

hopefully he (the AD) will find the Kemp job to be a better suit for himself and his family - it is unfortunate for Sabine now though to be left looking for a good replacement - hopefully it will happen quickly - the kids there do deserve it.