Tragedy: Thoughts and Prayers to Whitehouse

HITnRUN10

Guest bleedsbluengold24

Spoke with a friend in WH today. The whole town is devastated.

Prayers from Paris.

Prayers from Longview and Gilmer.

I had the opportunity to coach Alex for one year and what a joy he was. Very quiet kid and a great student and great athlete.

My heart is saddened by this news and the Whitehouse school district, team and coaches are in my thoughts and prayers.

From what someone told me it actually wasn't the bed sheets, it was a bandana that strangled her. The little girl and her brother were playing and she had a bandana on and some how the bandana got caught on the bunk bed. Her brother ran to get her mother who was in the bathtub and the mother thought the he was joking with her so the mother called for her daughter and she didn't come, so she got out and went into the room and by that time it was too late. The last I had heard they were doing an investigation but thats just what I'm hearing. I got this from a reliable source, who they got it from I'm not sure. My prayers are with both families and the community of Whitehouse, this has been a tough week on everyone.

Originally posted by fastpitch57

What happened to Trey?

From KTBB.com

SMITH COUNTY -- The accident occurred around 12:30 this morning on FM 756 about 1.6 miles south of Tyler. According to Department of Public Safety officials, Trey Bernholtz, 19, Troup was traveling south on FM 756 in a 2007 Nissan pickup when his vehicle veered off of the road to the left. Upon trying to regain control, Bernholtz reportedly over-corrected and struck several trees. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

This is aweful! Maybe we shouldnt allow teens to drive in Whitehouse. It seem like we lose several really good kids a year in or from Whitehouse. Are we cursed?