How can WWE create more star power?

rock... gone. stone cold... gone. HHH... injured. angle... gone. lesner... gone. goldberg... gone.

all the stars have left. have many times can they show edge vs hbk or basista vs undertaker???

wwe has gone full circle. they are now back to giving wrestlers stupid nicknames and gimmicks, ie. duece and domino? the highlanders? hacksaw jim dugan? eugene? it's like the 80's again. (which was when wcw made its big run). are they going to revive JYD and honkytonk?

wasn't impressed with ufc when it first started. now, it's really improved. i got one of its first ppv's (like ufc FOUR) and had a bunch of buddies over. each bout consisted of a 10 minute sleeper hold. got more excitement in one of those 30 second tyson fights. the ufc fighters today mix it up much better.

Originally posted by GoGetta23

plus tna is starting to push them for fans hopefully we can see a rebirth of the rivalry

Vince will just buy it when that time comes.

Originally posted by TheNatureBoy16times

I agree with Chilipepper. You need the legends even if all they do is talk to keep long time fans interested until they can get this young talent built up. The younger guys are hard to root for when you cant relate to them.

One of the complaints I have heard over the past several years (back to the Tom Zenk online commentaries on WWE) is that the older talent would stay at the top too long and the young talent could not get time for fans to know them.

• 1 month later...

i think wrestling ####, how can someone actually spend more than 4 minutes watchin that fake ####. I mean everything is staged, the characters are the stupidest things ive ever seen. Have you ever noticed that the championship never changes holders on cable shows, just on pay per view. i mean in every match you say who the winner is gonna be. its gay and stupid.

• 4 weeks later...
i think wrestling rocks, how can someone actually spend more than 4 minutes watchin that fake chocolate covered cherry. I mean everything is staged, the characters are the lovliest things ive ever seen. Have you ever noticed that the championship never changes holders on cable shows, just on pay per view. i mean in every match you say who the winner is gonna be. its happy and cheerful.

If you hate it that bad stay out of the thread. I don't recall anyone asking the question that warranted that answer. Besides, every movie you watch is fiction in one way or another. If girls can like Soap Operas then guys can like wrestling.

PS - Watch what language you use.

i think wrestling ####, how can someone actually spend more than 4 minutes watchin that fake ####. I mean everything is staged, the characters are the stupidest things ive ever seen. Have you ever noticed that the championship never changes holders on cable shows, just on pay per view. i mean in every match you say who the winner is gonna be. its gay and stupid.

and you have out of shape over the hill wrestlers such as Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, asnd Roddy Piper

• 3 weeks later...
It is going to be tuff to get wrestling back to it's full glory. They have doen so much reorganization in the past and done so much with feuds and pyrotechnics it is almost to the point that they may need to tame it down for a while and then try to dress it back up. I remember it being family tradition to gather around the T.V. and watch wrestling every week. I loved it. For me, the hype has gotten to be a little too much with it now days. There is still a lot of wrestling talent out there to keep the sport up. Just not sure how to return the glamour with all of the cahnges and the resent negative images they have experienced.

It is going to be tuff to get wrestling back to it's full glory. They have doen so much reorganization in the past and done so much with feuds and pyrotechnics it is almost to the point that they may need to tame it down for a while and then try to dress it back up. I remember it being family tradition to gather around the T.V. and watch wrestling every week. I loved it. For me, the hype has gotten to be a little too much with it now days. There is still a lot of wrestling talent out there to keep the sport up. Just not sure how to return the glamour with all of the cahnges and the resent negative images they have experienced.

TNA, will eventually challenge the WWE. They are getting a 2 hour time slot in OCT. USA wanted Raw to go three hours, but with the low ratings (since the Benoit tragedy) they are halting that idea, at the moment.

What needs to happen is factions. People bought into the nWo and DX... We need a faction-like rivalry to dominate the sports until wrestlers like Kennedy (who will be reveled as McMahon's illegitimate son), Bobby Lashley, and others are REALLY ready for the prime time.

What really gets me is how the WWE is handling its three brands...

ECW - the low card show

Smackdown - the mid card show

Raw - the Top card show

Granted they all have "superstars" i think Vince needs to divide the brands up evenly, kick HHH off of the handlings, and start fresh.

---

TNA, right now has a better program. They have 5 star talent, a new concept, and (on a weekly basis) a better card. Sure they are having some financial trouble paying some of the top names; however, its paying off. The show is getting good ratings (for being on Spike) and the product is growing. I say leave it in Russo's hands and watch TNA demolish the WWE product in the next 10-15 years.

The wCw, collapse really hurt the wrestling industry. For 82 weeks straight wCw (backed by Eric Bischoff) dominated the WWE... Once Bischoff was let go, i thought it ultimately his departure put the brand down the drain.

Wrestling will NEVER be the same. Marred, just like the MLB, the steroid era and controversy surrounding the sport will continue to bring the sport down the drain. Bret Hart has made several comments about the "era" and how wrestling was not like that back in his day. In his new book, he will talk about it and i am really looking forward to read his side of things.