One Trade that worked

RatKing

can anyone name a rangers trade that has worked that jon daniels has made?.......danks for mccarthy=bad.......adrian gonzalez, Chan ho....for otsuka and nevin=bad........mench, cordero and another for carlos lee=bad......someone please explain why he is doing this

What makes you say the Danks-McCarthy trade was bad, I think the trade was good for both teams, don't think either one is better than the other, but at the time of the trade McCarthey had a better upside, which was because he'd already pitched in the majors.

Being a Ranger fan is what half drove me to Fantasy Baseball. Year after year, wondering what they are doing personnel wise, (thinking in my own feeble mind I could do better) :whome: and it never seems to work out...After a while you just want to build your own team and see how it goes.

I don't always win in the leagues I participate in, but I have a better track record than the Rangers, and if I don't like my team, I can make a change. Makes the summer tolerable at least. One rule I follow most of the time is to not have the same players the Rangers do, until they trade them away of course.

It's either that or find another MLB team to route for.

At least get the trades right before you go slamming them.

we got the short end of the Sd trade, basically trading away a player who would still be wasting in the minors,a gon, a guy who couldnt hold up in the texas heat and ballpark, chris young, and a nobody, termell sledge for a guy who could have easily replaced chris young, adam easton, and the best reliever we have had since jeff zimmerman.

Originally posted by shoelessjoelives

Those "players" are pitchers that need to somehow make it to Texas.

What pitcher in his right mind would come to Texas? Those that are good, get out ASAP.

Originally posted by Eagle

we got the short end of the Sd trade, basically trading away a player who would still be wasting in the minors,a gon, a guy who couldnt hold up in the texas heat and ballpark, chris young, and a nobody, termell sledge for a guy who could have easily replaced chris young, adam easton, and the best reliever we have had since jeff zimmerman.

chris young has spent his whole life in this texas heat...he played high school ball at highland park. i've always thought giving him up was the dumbest trade daniels has made...all the others i've had no problem with...how can anyone complain about getting otsuka? he's been a great, trouble free, consistant pitcher. just about the only one texas has had

millwood must have thought that with the lineup the rangers had that he would get plenty of run support and become a 20 game winner again. thats the kind of thinking every texas fan has, but obviously thats not the case. and gagne was desperate. not many people were willing to gamble on him with his injuries...

Originally posted by stevosev7
Originally posted by Eagle

chris young has spent his whole life in this texas heat...he played high school ball at highland park. i've always thought giving him up was the dumbest trade daniels has made...all the others i've had no problem with...how can anyone complain about getting otsuka? he's been a great, trouble free, consistant pitcher. just about the only one texas has had

Have either of you been paying attention to tex's year compared to gonzales...