Foreman thinks he was drugged before the Ali fight...

Guest CNOrtega

Guest CNOrtega

I agree that boxing is crooked, especially when Don King is involved. My gripe is that he had 33 years to say something, why now?

Oh yeah. I see your point. But I still don't doubt that it's happened numerous times, so in turn, I have no reason to doubt that it happened then.

If he was whining about it though, I would think he would have started whining way earlier. I think he's saying it now more for the sake of the interview, than just for the sake of whining. I could be wrong, though.

The first time I heard this was on Sports Talk. I agree with CNOrtega, 33 years ?

He had given interviews in the past and had only said that he hurt his hand and had been cut, and was not allowed to leave the country for treatment.

The only thing that bothered me about Ali vs. Foreman, is he never gave George a rematch, when he gave everyone else rematches. I know Frazier hates Ali, but Ali fought him and Norton 3 times. He fought these boxers twice: Liston, Patterson, Chuvalo, Quarry, Bugner, and Spinks.

Why did he never fight Foreman again ?

Guest bleedsbluengold24

Actually, I saw a documentary about the fight a few years after it took place. In it, it was specualated he had been doped, before and during the fight.

Lou Duva made the comment at least once during the fight, "Give me his water. The bottle I mixed." There was speculation Duva doped him to throw the fight.

There was a time in this fight when it seemed anyone could pound on Big George. He fought like a zombie, like his arms were made of lead.

While it was probably due to George punching himself into exhaustion, I would not put anything past Don King or the Ali camp.

Interesting.

Foreman came out fighting strong, as he always did. Ali, tried to show that he was quicker and faster. But the Rope-A-Dope, remains a legacy to his knowledge of the "Sweet Science".

If Duva would acknowledge that he doped Foreman, I would believe George more.

I still say, Ali should have given George a rematch. Don King would have made more money, if that would have been done.