Here goes New Diana again

RedBarron

Take a shower and they have new coaches at ND. Can you say 5 years 5 different girls BB coach. Give the kids a break. How can the girls ever learn a system if there is a new one every year. Now they let the Boys BB coach go and they have to hire a new Baseball as well. WHAT IS UP?:hmmm:

This has been happening in ND since around 2002 or 2003. Will take a long time for school to get back to normal. It's a lot better now than 1 or 2 years ago. Problem is some people forget what their jobs are. But it does seem to be headed in the right direction again.

I just don't see how things can be going in the right direction if the same thing keeps going on year after year. It's kind of like a coach told a kid one day:" if you keep doing the same thing wrong every day, every time, how do you expect to ever do it right". Now I do understand that you have to learn from your mistakes. I just do not think there is very much learning going on.

Barron, I understand what your saying, but it's like I said in my earlier post, it will take a long time for ND to correct what happen the last 4 or 5 years. The school and community were taken for a ride with a certain group of people and it nearly destroyed everything at ND. Go back from the middle 70's to the 2002 or 2003 year. Look at every thing ND excelled in, sports, and academically from the 70' until 2002. They were very competitive in everything. All the campuses had the highest rating's from the state possible from 95 to 99. The athletic department was winning in all sports, good things were happening in the school and the community that surrounding towns were seeing. I do believe that the people we have in place with the exception of 1 or 2 we are headed in the right direction, but it will take some time. I do however wish to say I am not trying to start a war here just stating facts.

Crue I do understand what you are saying. But 1 or 2 can hurt the intire process. ! or 2 can rune the whole thing from athletic to academics. The problem is that nothing is being done about the one or two that Everone knows about. And yes I do know about ND in the past. ND was a place where parents and kids wanted to go. And coaches two for that matter. But now with what is going on at the coaches stand point, why would any good coach want to go there if it is going to be for one year, then look for a job.

Barron, you have to be patience, I do believe that something will be done in the near future. Now don't get me wrong the near future could take at least till the end of next year but somethings are already taking place that will be a positive for ND. I have talked to a couple of folks in the know and I believe we will see a big shake up in one area that is a big concern for a lot of folks. Remember, ND was set back guite a bit between 2002 and 2005. But the people in ND finally woke up and as we seen in the 2005 board elections have spoken. I do believe good things are coming but you have to be patience. Remember what happened during those 3 years will take 5 to 7 years to correct.

Alot of people think you start at the bottom and work your way up to fix problems. Wrong they need to start at the top and work their way down. Yes I do see the school board making some changes but they are working at the middle of the problem and need as I have said "work at the top and work your way down.

Barron, I know what you are saying about starting in the middle, but I think sometimes things look a little different than what we see. I am asking you to be patience, I do believe by the end of next year you will feel different. Let's see what happens but I am looking forward to the future I see some things happening that some people might not see. I believe in 2 to 3 years ND could be back to their 80 and 90's years.

The assistant coach from this year Coach Lacy has applied, and all the kids really like him and respect his knowledge of the game. Also Coach Benson from Union Hill has applied, and these two seem to be the front runners for the job. Coach Lacy is loved by the kids and played minor league ball for 4 or 5 years and coached at pine tree in the 70's. All of the returning players from diana want him to be the coach but our supt. pc might not let that happen. He dosent know a good coach when he sees one. he just wants someone to come in and screw everything possible up for nd baseball. and our A.D. hires the worst possible coaches for the job. most of them are not even qualified. I sure wish willy harget would come back to diana and get it back to its winning ways. >>>>>P.S. crewcut u sure do like to rag on the school board from '02 to '05 maybe u should look back to the time before that when we had several of dan nolls buddies in there!! But the people of diana changed that for the better and the school went up! The '02-'05 school board fixed our school after what all dan noll caused! :thumbsup:

IMO the sup. is a people person not a kid person. He does things for the people not for what is best for the kids. He has gotton rid of or tried to get rid of coaches that a parent might have a problem with. He doesn't think about the kids repecting the coach or how the kids would do anything to win for that coach. Just let one parent go to the sup. and your job is in trouble.

Not weighing in on the ND situation, hopefully they will get everything settled for the good of the school system, but making a point of how important choosing the right candidates for school board is. Just one or two "bad apples" can hinder the growth and advancement of a school system.

It is amazing how so many parents of K-12 parents never vote for school board members. Most of the time they have no knowledge of when the election is nor who is running. If they vote it is just a popularity contest, they vote by name recognition with little or no knowledge of what the person running is for or against. This is easy to find out, unlike larger elections.... call the people and ask, they are local people, and make an informed decision.

The recent elections to the OC school board have me concerned. One (with no children in school) has stated, "I am here for the taxpayers." Now I know the board members have a responsibility, to the taxpayers, to make fiscally sound decisions but it is not the only reason you should be on the school board. I feel a couple of the newly elected members will possibly hamper the growth and development of the OC school system. OC has finally employed a very good superintendent, in my opinion, and has been making positive steps in improving the district... hopefully they continue in a positive direction.

If you are a parent, past, present or future... get to know your people running for school board and go vote... it is extremely important.

Well said BlackandGold, OC does seem to have things going their way, the new Football Stadium is very nice and your right people do need ask questions to the people running for the board but you know as well as I do way to often the people that are running sometimes has a personnel agenda and will not be honest about why they are running. Once they are elected they can do some serious damage to a school before you can get them off. But if people will get involved in knowing their canidates a lot of the riftraft can be kept off. Anyone running should have the kids interest first and then the taxpayers. If you run for any other reason you should not be running. PS NDBBo8 you need to get in on this conversation when you grow up not many children know what they are talking about when it comes to grown up conversation.

ndball08, what in the world does this post have to with Dan Noll. He must have kept you from going on some field trip or something. There were a lot of things that board screwed up that had nothing to do with Dan Noll.

Originally posted by crewcut

Well said BlackandGold, OC does seem to have things going their way, the new Football Stadium is very nice and your right people do need ask questions to the people running for the board but you know as well as I do way to often the people that are running sometimes has a personnel agenda and will not be honest about why they are running. Once they are elected they can do some serious damage to a school before you can get them off. But if people will get involved in knowing their canidates a lot of the riftraft can be kept off. Anyone running should have the kids interest first and then the taxpayers. If you run for any other reason you should not be running. PS NDBBo8 you need to get in on this conversation when you grow up not many children know what they are talking about when it comes to grown up conversation.

The stadium was long overdue... sadly you still hear people complain about the school spending "millions" of dollars to build a facility so badly needed. I guess some would like to still see the little frame church building, the frontier folk used as a school house, still in use. Maybe that would save them some tax dollars.

The personal agenda candidate is by far the poorest choice for a school board position. They are there to fulfill their own personal needs not the needs of the children or the district. So many people have no clue as to what the school board does or how big of an impact they have on the school direction in all aspects from education to sports. Parents and future parents need to be in the know.

I totally agree with you Barron, but you must remember who hired the man in the first place. The same ones that insisted that Dan Noll leave and that this supt. was the answer to ND's prayer. So to me they are getting what they deserve so why should they complain. I will say there are some problems but I think the board we have now will help get it back on the right foot, but it will take awhile.