**THE OFFICIAL FRUSTRATED RANGERS FANS THREAD**

Guest CNOrtega

ESPN.com page 2's Jonah Keri makes fixing the Rangers sound as easy as, well, as easy as it should be.

Status quo isn't working in Arlington. There's already speculation that Mark Teixeira will be dealt, with free agency pending after next season and Scott Boras sure to nix a potential hometown discount. GM Jon Daniels should embrace the rumors and shop Teixeira to the highest bidder. But he shouldn't stop there. Pursue a buyer for Sosa once he hits his 600th. Let Eric Gagne rack up a few saves, then deal him to a nostalgic, closer-hungry team. Seek out buyers for the still dependable Kenny Lofton.

The haul from those trades, combined with incumbent pieces Michael Young, Ian Kinsler and company and a decent crop of minor league pitching talent headlined by Eric Hurley could form the core of the next winning Texas team. With a free agent class that figures to be stuffed with quality center fielders, the Rangers could reload quickly with an upgrade at that position and a well-placed pitching signing or two.

DLeih, I think you're on the mark with some of your ideas but way off on others. Trading Tejeda is dumb. He's the best starter on the team and one of the youngest to boot. If they trade him away it would just turn into another one of those famous Ranger's trading blunders. Moving out of the Ballpark to go to Dallas would be a dumb move too. Dallas is dwindling and Arlington is thriving. I don't see why ANYONE would want to make that move. I don't want my wife and child to have to worry about getting mugged trying to walk to the stadium. Dallas is only good for low-cost housing and drugs now.

Torii Hunter would be a good move. Trading Tex COULD be a good move depending on the rewards. But getting rid of Blalock and replacing him with a journeyman because of what you've seen in 50 at-bats is definately not smart. Millwood definately does not need to be a #1 starter so whatever trades are made need to revolve around one. Do they have anythone in the system that could get a #1 starter? I don't think so. They'll have to go with a free agent. Bad news....No free agents would likely want to come here. Even if they had a better offer here.

Went to the Red Sox game on Saturday. I can't even put into words how disappointed I was. The guys literally looked like a high school team at times, throwing the ball away twice (once over Tex's head by Young and then Padilla throwing a wild pitch = 2 runs).

I thought Padilla actuallty was decent though and COULD be alright if he can find the strike one.

My biggest gripe is not that they are bad, but that they seem so content to be that way. With an infield like we have and the hitters we have, their is no excuse for being the WORST TEAM IN BASEBALL.

Everbody griped about Buck being too tough. Now Washington is too soft. Give me a break. I say it is an ownership/general manager problem coupled with an atmosphere of mediocrity that stinks to high heaven.

I dropped over a hundred bucks (plus 20 gallons of $3.10 gas) to watch them go out and stink it up. That won't happen again.

p.s. The players should truly be humilitated that there were probably 2 to 1 Red Sox fans at their own stadium.

And I still listen to them on the radio ....... two reasons I guess ...

(1) to hear the home run tune from The Natural ....

(2) to hear the announcing of Sammy Sosa's 600th home run!!!

I used to have my Yankees to fall back on, but now .............................................................................

Guest CNOrtega
Originally posted by stevosev7

i wonder that would happen if they moved a guy like wes littleton into the starting rotation? It certainly can't do anything but help...

Well, he could always get shelled for like 10 runs in one inning. Read Tim Cowlishaw's column in the DMN today, there's teams with plenty of MLB ready or near ready talent that would love to acquire Teixeira. That, along with the semi-decent farm system already in place, can get the Rangers a little closer to where they want to be.