Summer Workouts

orange80

NEW IMPROVED PLAN TO PREPARE FOR FOOTBALL SEASON!

Sit on couch all summer eating take out and playing video games in the AC. When practice starts, load up on supplements like creatine and other goodies. Then, wonder why you fall out ill and eventually blame it on the coaches for working you too hard. Eventually quite football and blame the coaches. Moral of the story is that it is not your fault.

what a moron...yeah chiphilton lifting on Memorial Day is going to make you the best athlete in the country....no need to remember what Memorial Day stands for....I can guarantee that those coaches that had the gyms open have no idea what Memorial Day stands for and neither do you Mr. Chippy...get a clue

chilipepper - I agree. I don't think workout on Memorial day (just one extra day) will help you beat me come October or November.

One more thing I bet chiphilton or orange80 did not work at his or her job on Memorial Day. Proably was at the lake or sitting on the couch.

Try to stay ahead of the game and tell your boss you would to work July 4th, Labor Day, Thankgiving and Christmas.

Just a guess, but I imagine that the kids are opting to work on their own. Not real sure that any coach would make any summer workout mandatory. I envy their desire to excell. Surely one would not insinuate that they were disrespecting the men and women that have safeguarded our freedoms by choosing to work to become better athletes on Memorial Day. Correct me if I've read to much into the comments.

Originally posted by Safetyman

chilipepper - I agree. I don't think workout on Memorial day (just one extra day) will help you beat me come October or November.

One more thing I bet chiphilton or orange80 did not work at his or her job on Memorial Day. Proably was at the lake or sitting on the couch.

Try to stay ahead of the game and tell your boss you would to work July 4th, Labor Day, Thankgiving and Christmas.

Was not at the lake or on the couch, I was working. Memorial Day is about thanking and remembering those who have died for your country- you can do that however you see fit. Working out or working at your job does not make you a bad American as Nature Boy inferred. Lifting weights and making the most of the talent God gave you, I believe, is a great way to salute our troops. When it's fourth down in the fourth quarter, give me the guys who work out on Memorial Day, July 4th, etc.....

Success is not a sometimes thing, its an all day every day thing.

Any school district and any coach that has the gym open on Memorial Day is simply UNAMERICAN! That is a day to remember those fallen; go to a parade, attend a ceremony, go to a baseball game and watch America's past time, eat a hot dog, eat some apple pie. It's people like Orange80 that think some rinky dink football game is the most important thing in life and you have to lift on those days that were set aside to honor HEROES. You need to put things in perspective and start honoring those fallen on foreign battlegrounds. Probably the most UNAMERICAN statement I've ever read on Smoaky.

Originally posted by Broker2205

Any school district and any coach that has the gym open on Memorial Day is simply UNAMERICAN! That is a day to remember those fallen; go to a parade, attend a ceremony, go to a baseball game and watch America's past time, eat a hot dog, eat some apple pie. It's people like Orange80 that think some rinky dink football game is the most important thing in life and you have to lift on those days that were set aside to honor HEROES. You need to put things in perspective and start honoring those fallen on foreign battlegrounds. Probably the most UNAMERICAN statement I've ever read on Smoaky.

So it's UNAMERICAN to lift weights and then go out enjoy hot dogs and time with your family. That might be the STUPIDEST quote I've ever read on Smoaky.

So baseball players are UNAMERICAN for playing their sport???

I am sure all the drunks at the lake are really thinking about the great sacrifices past and present soldiers are making.

just some light on what seems to be a crazy situation already. Im not saying that all that chose to lift on memorial day do this but i know first hand that kids will do whatever it takes to "#### up" to coaches. Whether it be coming everyday after school or on holidays. Few do it because they are "talented" as some people have mentioned. Most of them do it because they think the coach will be "impressed". So therefore i think saying they were doing it to celebrate the freedoms that have been provided is going a bit overboard with it.

Now back on the subject. Are these workouts people have been talking about set workout schedules or just open gym. There is a very big difference in the two. Open gym is pretty much a waste of time. Kids will be up there playing and hanging out more than taking care of bussiness. Set workouts have to be enforced and coaches must be making sure work gets done.

Hi chili, chippy here, great name by the way. My comment was directed at our little buddy NatureBoy because of what seems to be his extreme dislike for any kind of organized...or voluntary prep for a sport other than baseball. Like some, I had to work on that day as well but I do know that the local weight room was open for those that wanted some place to go...and something to do. I have a very real understanding for the holiday since my father was a WWII vet. I dont think that lifting on one particular day is going to make anyone a superstar but, I do know that the feeling of having done something when someone else may not be doing it can be rewarding to a young man or woman. I am glad the weight room was open... There are certainly worse places those kids could be.

Orange80, we're not talking about all those other numb nuts that are out there. We're talking about young lives that you supposedly have control over as a coach. Having that gym open is a disgrace. They need to be at a parade or a memorial service or getting a lecture on what it means to be an American. Take them on a walk like I have done through Arlington National Cemetary and you'll be able to put things in perspective. Maybe I'm just a radical when it comes to the flag and our nation, but I always keep things in perspective. Memorial Day is to be honored by all! I know some people have to work because they might be firemen or policemen, but everything else should close down to honor those men and women that gave it all for you and me.

And Chippy, one more thing. While Vietnam was raging, Chili was in a jungle with my father right in the middle of the battle with the United States Marines Corps. He's won every award in combat you can imagine. So you don't know, that you don't know. To men like Chili and others that have served in our military, my hats off.

Orange80, we're not talking about all those other numb nuts that are out there. We're talking about young lives that you supposedly have control over as a coach. Having that gym open is a disgrace. They need to be at a parade or a memorial service or getting a lecture on what it means to be an American. Take them on a walk like I have done through Arlington National Cemetary and you'll be able to put things in perspective. Maybe I'm just a radical when it comes to the flag and our nation, but I always keep things in perspective. Memorial Day is to be honored by all! I know some people have to work because they might be firemen or policemen, but everything else should close down to honor those men and women that gave it all for you and me.

And Chippy, one more thing. While Vietnam was raging, Chili was in a jungle with my father right in the middle of the battle with the United States Marines Corps. He's won every award in combat you can imagine. So you don't know, that you don't know. To men like Chili and others that have served in our military, my hats off.

Great thing about America is we can agree to disagree. If I lift weights on Christmas, I don't believe Jesus will have a problem with that. We all celebrate in our own ways, but as long as we are recognizing the sacrifices that have been made by others, I don't really believe it matters how we choose to honor or celebrate Memorial Day, Veteran's Day etc...

But back on topic- how many kids do some of the area schools have going through summer workouts Mon-Thur?

well if Chilli has done all that then you would think he would have a little more to do with his time then talk mess about Mineola AD all the time. With that type of Military background then you would expect him to be up frong and honest with people??

Originally posted by DirksCrew

well if Chilli has done all that then you would think he would have a little more to do with his time then talk mess about Mineola AD all the time. With that type of Military background then you would expect him to be up frong and honest with people??

In this post, where did Chili talk about the Mineola AD?

Only in America..... Good thing they had a choice and could honor our servicemen past and present in the manner they chose. If kids chose to lift, that didn't make them unAmerican. If they chose to stay home and in bed, they still were not unAmerican. I, too, wish that we could all visit parades and cemeteries on this day, but I don't cast disdain on those who don't. I've taken my kids to Arlington, D.C. and most of the major battlefields. They know the sacrifices that have been made for them and appreciate it every day of their lives. My dad, uncles and son have served or are currently serving, and believe me, they don't stand in judgment of people. I remember when I was a teenager, and I know that Memorial Day means more to me now than it ever did then. Some things come with age (and maturity).